FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Online tournament: May the best win!

By [Dewit] - ANKAMA - April 15, 2016, 16:00:00
Announcements

You probably know what a Krosmaster tournament is like in real life. But this particular tournament will be online! Get the best progression in ranked play in a week and you may win virtual Krosmasters!

For the first time since its official release, we will hold an official tournament in Krosmaster Arena online! You will compete for virtual prizes with your computer or tablet. But just because you’re sitting comfortably at home doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy: you will have to prove yourself in ranked play for a whole week…

The rules are the following:

• On April 18th, a new ranked season will begin, and the ranks will be reset. The tournament will run for a whole week at this, from Aprils 18th at noon (Paris time) to April 25th at noon.

• During this time, we will measure the player’s progression in ranked play, meaning the difference between its position at the beginning of the season and at the end of the tournament. Even if a player doesn’t make it to the Elite rank, we will be able to track their progression.
    • If there’s an equality at the end of the week, we will use the win rate of the players during that same period of time.

• This event is separated by community, and only members of a given community will be taken into account in that community’s results, without interference from the others.

Once the event concludes, the best players will receive the following prizes:

• From 1st to 4th place: Wakfu, Stasis and Goldenrod Terminatot virtual figurines, 10 standard Krosboxes.

• From 5th to 10th place: Wakfu, Stasis and Goldenrod Terminatot virtual figurines, 5 standard Krosboxes.

• From 11th to 20th place: Wakfu and Stasis Terminatot virtual figurines, 3 standard Krosboxes.

Warm up your teams, rethink your strategies, and get ready to brawl! We hope to see you on Monday when the tournament begins!

Reactions 15
Score : 955

Hello, can you please further explain:
"This event is separated by community, and only members of a given community will be taken into account in that community’s results, without interference from the others."

0 0
Score : 747
IcyTheWhitie|2016-04-15 18:03:06
"This event is separated by community, and only members of a given community will be taken into account in that community’s results, without interference from the others."

I would also like to know this. depending on how a community is defined in this context, I may have much greater or worse odds at placing.
0 0
Score : 98

I can hardly see this as a fair test of virtually anything since Ankama is allowing 2.0 figures with 1.0 rewards.

This "contest" will be nothing more than a exploit-a-thon of Juliths+Bakaras and Juliths+Captain. Not really sure what the challenge is when 1.0 rewards make these new 2.0 heavy hitters broken as hell.

PS: Why the bloody hell did you guys make Jahash a BOSS instead of Julith? I mean seriously? Julith actually IS a boss in the movie! You basically made certain that Jahash will NEVER get played and Julith will be in more than 50% of all teams. Also the Cap + Julith combo takes about as much brains to pilot as Cap+Nox did.

0 0
Score : 387

While i agree that playing 2.0 Kros with 1.0 rewards is a bit unfair at the moment (being mainly a real life board game player especially make me cringe because i've been wanting to try these figures IRL for Xelor knows how long... this teasing is bugging me -.-), i kinda like to see this as a kind of play test to see their overwhelming potential and then actually realize how different they will be with the 2.0 set.

As for Jahash, he is a boss because he can be pushed and buffed like no tomorrow. he's outragiously scary with Lou (3 base 2 damage armor piercing attacks with Critical base power... HELLO!), if one could also toss him with Poochan/Luk Yliook and then use Di Curey to shrug off the recoil damage he would be nuts, he had to be restricted to Kannibal Jav, Anna, ecc. manipulations
Also Qilby - Traitor...

0 0
Serenaso|2016-04-16 08:59:00
While i agree that playing 2.0 Kros with 1.0 rewards is a bit unfair at the moment (being mainly a real life board game player especially make me cringe because i've been wanting to try these figures IRL for Xelor knows how long... this teasing is bugging me -.-), i kinda like to see this as a kind of play test to see their overwhelming potential and then actually realize how different they will be with the 2.0 set.

As for Jahash, he is a boss because he can be pushed and buffed like no tomorrow. he's outragiously scary with Lou (3 base 2 damage armor piercing attacks with Critical base power... HELLO!), if one could also toss him with Poochan/Luk Yliook and then use Di Curey to shrug off the recoil damage he would be nuts, he had to be restricted to Kannibal Jav, Anna, ecc. manipulations
Also Qilby - Traitor...

To say nothing of Henual or Ghett.
0 0

Also you guys reset the Season early. So does that mean you are going to reset it again on Monday? No sense is starting again if you are just going to reset it again after a day.

Also for the record when you reset for the season Elite players get reset to rank 20. That's not actually supposed to happen. They are supposed to get reset to Rank 10

0 0
IcyTheWhitie|2016-04-15 18:03:06

Your account is linked to a community, depending on your IP when you first created it (and by extension, on which country you play): English, Spanish, Italian, French,...

We will make a ranking for every of those community. So the results of the Spanish players won't have any influence on the Italian ones, and so on. Every community will have a top 20 players.

As for the season starting yesterday, it seems it was a mix-up from our part. We will only count the games played starting today at 12 Paris time (in about 3 hours from this post time stamp).
Dewit|2016-04-18 09:45:52
As for the season starting yesterday, it seems it was a mix-up from our part. We will only count the games played starting today at 12 Paris time (in about 3 hours from this post time stamp).
So everyone that started playing already doesn't get those games counted? Ha, yeah totally fair and balanced. What are you guys even doing over there? You announce this contest, with 1.0 rewards and 2.0 figures, something that would never happen in a real tournament. And then you false start the contest, and then instead of correcting it, you tell all the people who thought it had already started that all their progress is wasted, sorry and good luck?!

What a joke. You might as well just have a random raffle for the prizes, because that's all it is now.
0 0
WoeDare|2016-04-18 16:27:57
Dewit|2016-04-18 09:45:52
So everyone that started playing already doesn't get those games counted? Ha, yeah totally fair and balanced. What are you guys even doing over there? You announce this contest, with 1.0 rewards and 2.0 figures, something that would never happen in a real tournament. And then you false start the contest, and then instead of correcting it, you tell all the people who thought it had already started that all their progress is wasted, sorry and good luck?!

What a joke. You might as well just have a random raffle for the prizes, because that's all it is now.

I would actually have to agree with regards to games counting only starting now. Unless the season is reset again, I've now lost a quarter of the possible levels I could have gained because I decided to ladder on Sunday. Pretty much the same as saying "Nope, you're disqualified because WE started early." My odds were already not great because I need to spend my time doing things other than laddering during the week, but slashing my available advancement pretty much destroys any chance I had of placing.
0 0

And as predicted its just a bunch of no talent Julith + Bakara clowns taking advantage of the 1.0 rewards and exploiting this mock-competition.

This kind of exploitation shouldn't be encouraged let alone rewarded.

Edit: Also not to harp on this thing, but even if you are dividing up the areas by language people in the USA can barely get a game at all. Pairing takes forever because of time zones. So while all other players get on during the day on French time where most players are it's fine for them, but come regular play hours for the USA we get a third of the number of games because barely anyone is playing.

You guys should really think about these things if you are going to offer other countries any kind of meaningful support.

0 0
WoeDare|2016-04-19 02:43:56
And as predicted its just a bunch of no talent Julith + Bakara clowns taking advantage of the 1.0 rewards and exploiting this mock-competition.

Seriously though just play a Kitty team with a good mover. She stomps all over Bakara and Julith.
0 0
OneBigHullabaloo|2016-04-19 03:25:24
WoeDare|2016-04-19 02:43:56

Seriously though just play a Kitty team with a good mover. She stomps all over Bakara and Julith.
Sure, but why should online have to slog through this completely isolated and exploitable meta?
0 0

Well, the rules said clearly:

The tournament will run for a whole week at this point, from April 18th at noon (Paris time) to April 25th at noon

There's a clear start date that we have enforced; even if the season started on the 18th, the first 12 hours of games wouldn't be recorded.

We're sorry about the season starting early, and we will make sure this won't happen on this kind of event again, but at this point, it's not possible to go back. And you still have a chance to receive a prize if you make it to the high ranks, even if you start as a higher point than others.
Dewit|2016-04-19 11:08:47

The tournament will run for a whole week at this point, from April 18th at noon (Paris time) to April 25th at noon

There's a clear start date that we have enforced; even if the season started on the 18th, the first 12 hours of games wouldn't be recorded.

Except that it's never clear when you guys start these things. Maybe it's the 18th, but turns out it was the 18th French time and all the USA misses out on that time. France is 9 hours ahead of the USA on the west coast. So when I see the servers get reset early it's natural to assume you guys are operating on your local time.

I can't count the number of contests and giveaways you guys have done that we (USA) were notified of late and that ended early because they are always ended on French time not USA time. I'm betting that this time around will be no different. You will end the contest not on my American 25th but on France's 25th, 9 hours earlier.
0 0
Dewit|2016-04-19 11:08:47

We're sorry about the season starting early, and we will make sure this won't happen on this kind of event again, but at this point, it's not possible to go back. And you still have a chance to receive a prize if you make it to the high ranks, even if you start as a higher point than others.

The phrasing of that statement strongly implied that it would begin with the rank reset. Based on the statement made, it was entirely reasonable to believe that the tracking would begin when the season reset, even if that reset didn't happen exactly on the 18th. Indeed, I am quite certain that, had the server reset been delayed, the contest would not have started until it was properly reset.
0 0
Respond to this thread