FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Organized Play in the USA and Canada

By April 30, 2014, 22:11:23

Greetings Krosmaster community, my name is Rich and I am the new Organized Play Manager for Japanime Games, the English Language producer of Krosmaster: Arena. Organized Play in the US and Canada is starting soon, beginning with OP Kits that are available to Brick and Mortar stores. The kits contain enough materials to run an 8 player tournament. Contact you FLGS and let them know that kits will be available in 2-3 weeks. They can also begin running sanctioned tournaments right away by contacting me. I am also the Head Judge for Krosmaster: Arena in the US, so I will be running Regional Tournaments at many of the Major Cons in the US. If you attending, stop by the booth or the tournament area and say hi. Check out the Regional Tournament thread for a list of tournaments. We are committed to make the Krosmaster: Arena Organized Play program one of the best in the industry and we need your help to do that, so feel free to give us your input.

Rich Gain
OP Manager
Japanime Games
email: op@japanimegames.com

1 0
Reactions 23
Score : 97

With Season 2 being released later this year, when will Season 2 rules kick in for Organized Play in the US and Canada? From what I've heard, there are some fairly significant rule changes coming.

0 0
Score : 500

Just so I can help local store owners figure things out, could we get a list of what exactly is in the tournament packs and how much they cost? I imagine there will be some variety in prizes, but every bit helps.

0 0
Score : 331

We are waiting for an update of the rules in English and will post them as soon as we get them.

Here is a list of the contents of the kits. They are meant for an 8 player event.
Season 1

Kit1

8- 5x Metallized Kama

4- Amalia

3- Tofu

1- Gobball

Kit 2
8- 5x Metallized Kama
4- Yugo
3- Tofu
1- Blocking Doll

Kit 3

8- 5x Metallized Kama

4- Tristepin

3- Metalized GG

1- Wabbit

Kit 4
8- 5x Metallized Kama
4- Nox
3- Water bombs
1- Trap

Kit 5
8- 5x Metallized Kama
4- Evangelyne
3- Incendiary Bomb
1- Lost Doll

Kit 6
8- 5x Metallized Kama
4- Ruel
3- Grenado
1- Mad Doll

Kit 7
8- 5x Metallized Kama
4- Dark Goultard
3- Metallized Set of 3 GG
1- Sacrificed Doll

Kit 8
8- 5x Metallized Kama
4- Argon Gass
3- Heads or Tails Coin
1- Gobball

Kit 9
8- Resin Trees
8- Resin Bushes
4- Resin Crates
1- Argon Gass

If you have a store owner that is interested, please have them contact me directly and I can get them all the information that they will need. As it is up to store owners to decide their entry fees, we will let them know what their costs are and is something we don't want to broadcast on an open forum. We expect that store owners would not need to charge more than $8-10 per player, but it is entirely their decision.

Rich Gain
OP Manager
Japanime Games
email: op@japanimegames.com

0 0

Thanks for the info! I'll be passing on the link to this thread to three stores today.

0 0
Score : 3

I've emailed my FLGS store here in ATL, GA. However if anyone knows of any place that will be trying to run this in Metro Area please let me know. Thanks! I might would even be willing to drive (reasonably) for an all day event.

Thanks! I hope this gets some attention in my area!

0 0

Fenestra28 we will be having a tournament at the end of the month at Momocon in Atlanta. Everybody should check out this thread if you haven't:

Click here

Rich Gain
Organized Play Manager
Japanime Games
op@japanimegames.com

0 0
Score : 3

Awesome! its on the Calendar! Will see you there!

0 0
Score : 145

Hello! I am just about to message you right now!

0 0
Score : 2

Hi,
what about organize play in Canada, especially in Québec?

0 0

We have a distributor in Canada that will be offering stores the kits. We have had a number of stores that have signed up to run Organized Play. If you know of any stores in particular that you frequent, please pass my info on to them.

Rich Gain
Organized Play Manager
Japanime Games
op@japanimegames.com

0 0

What do these kits cost the stores?

0 0

They are $40 for a store each.

Rich Gain
Organized Play Manager
Japanime Games
op@japanimegames.com

0 0

Do you know anything about organized play in europe?

0 0

I am very interested in OP in Atlanta as well. Any other events headed our way?

0 0
Score : 41

How are match pairings for tournament play supposed to be determined? (i.e. dice roll, computer random, etc.)

0 0

Mr. Penguin -

I have been trying to Run some events here in Atlanta. I would be happy to include you. We have a store willing to get the kits as long as we have 4 players.

HelloMrPenguin|2014-08-04 06:59:25
I am very interested in OP in Atlanta as well. Any other events headed our way?

If you are on facebook. You can find Giga Bytes in Marietta and then friend me on there. - Ernie Darby
0 0
Score : 41

Can someone please post a link to the AWER software, can't find it when i google it. Thanks.

0 0

If you're running a tournament in the US you should already be in touch with Japanime Games through the OP@japanimegames.com email address; anyone in the US that has the software installed either got the link from them or is a store that got the link from a Team Japanime volunteer. Since the software could (in theory) be used to record imaginary games to influence tournament standings, and because of the access to player data the software represents, it is important that the software is not easily obtained through a mere Google search.

0 0
Score : 6

Is there from Toronto on these forums? I'm trying to get Krosmaster events together locally and would love to get in touch with anyone on here from the area.

0 0
Respond to this thread