By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Krosmaster Quest] - Got doubts? Ask here! :D

By Vragar April 21, 2016, 09:59:24
Reactions 37
WoozleWozzle|2016-05-21 03:03:21
1) When do you check for Quest completions?

EXAMPLE: On Page 27 of the Scenario book says "If the Tofubine is on the same tile as the Krosmaster, the Krosmaster earns 1 GG." When do you check for this game state? At the start of the krosmaster's turn, end of the kromaster's turn, on the demon's turn, etc.?

You can validate a quest during the turn of a Krosmaster, anytime you want (but not in the middle of another action like using the auction house). In this case, as soon as you are in the same tile as the Tofubien, you can validate the quest.

2) When can you look at the other side of a recipe? Rulebook only says not before buying. If you can look immediately after buying but before crafting, and can sell back for purchase cost, couldn't you just buy and sell everything, looking at them all?

You can look at the other side of a recipe once you buy it. However, you can't sell back recipes, only "full" items, so you can't use this technique to see everything! (Plus, the act of using the auction house is rather precise: sell everything you want, then buy. To see all of the recipes, you would have to take many many turns.)

3) Do you put mob tokens back in the stack to be "randomly selected" immediately after they die, or do you wait until you run out of the type of mob, like shuffling a deck?

You put them aside until the reserve is empty, and only then put them back.

Score : 17

1. If a Krosmaster from a party gets KO'd in the dungeon can they re-enter the dungeon?

2. If they do not re-enter the dungeon do they get the rewards and and GG if the other players finish? Do they get consolation loot from dungeon mobs if they are no longer in the dungeon when the mob is killed?

3. If you need 4 pieces of equipment to make a set, and your Krosmaster only gets one royal item per dungeon, how would you make a royal set? Do you have to do the dungeon 4+ times in one game?

4. Does a Krosmaster who has summoned mobs on the field take the summons with them into the dungeon or do they need to be re-summoned once the Krosmaster is inside?

5. What are the generic mob tokens for? (Tofu skull, Gobbal skull, red/yellow/green Gobbal, etc)

6. If no scenario card is used because of playing a generic game and a regular quest card is used, for example:

Put Your Foot In It. To fulfill this quest, the Krosmaster must have at least 4 pieces of Gobbal dung in their bag. They will win 1GG.

And then the next three cards on the adventure track are repeatable quest cards. If a Krosmaster gets 4 pieces of Gobbal dung are all four quests completed at once or do they need to collect the 4 pieces of dung 4 times?

7. When you choose a scenario do you leave the other scenario cards out of the deck?

8. In the Winter is Coming scenario it says to take out more new arrival cards then I have. Am I missing cards or is this a misprint?

1 0
Score : 2

Getting ready to play our first game and had a question about a shared demon in the Free for All version. If every player groups up to go into the dungeon, how does the demon player activate if the Demon token cannot be received by a player present in the dungeon?

0 0

Well in that case, there's not much choice: let the players inside the dungeon control the mobs, passing the token as usual.

We had this situation during testing. Players would not attack with the mobs much, since they were all interested in finishing the dungeon... until the last room, where suddent and painful backstabbing happened. Why share the loot when you can have it all for yourself? Seems pretty "free for all" to me. smile 

Score : 672

Does anything happen to the mobs when a Krosmaster goes into the city?

With the longer-range Krosmasters it can be an efficient tactic to step out of the city, shoot a spell, then get back inside.
Is there an intended way to counteract this strategy?

0 0

Nothing specific happens to the mobs when the players are inside the city. They can still play as usual when their turn come.

Hide-and-seek can happen sometimes. The monster can either move away, out of range of the character, and deny him any loot... or move very close and forcing the Krosmaster to find another way out of the city!

Score : 1400

Even if safe, a strike-and-hide tactic can be too slow for Quest.
Remember that the first player that fulls her GGmeter wins, so staying back into the city can save your HP but can obstacle your missions.

Even in cooperative mode if the Demon turns out a mission card from the deck, when all other mission tiles are occupied, the game ends immediatly.
So staying in the city is in some way opposite to the "adventure-spirit" requested by Quest.

Be Iop Inside! biggrin 

0 0
Score : 672

We've thought of some houserules that counteract this strategy:

1. Always place field tiles next to each other, so there isn't a situation where mobs have to hide on a single tile from hit'n'runs

2. A variant: a player can only exit the city in Adventure mode, thus they'll need twice as many turns to kill mobs, and the latter will have a chance to strike back

What about GG buying?
Is it done anywhere, at any time, or only at the marketplace?

0 0
Score : 1400

Anywhere, anytime.

Buying GGs (pag.14)
It's not specified a limit to buy GGs during a turn, the only note is the kama cost to check from the GGmeter on the character sheet.
It's not specified that you can buy GGs just during your turn either...
I'll assume that if you got enough kamas you can buy any number of GGs whenever you want (even if I'd like to limit this only during the player turn, in my houserules).

0 0
Score : 3

So I've been reading the rules in preparation for my first play. My gaming group likes fully co-op games, so we were looking to do that mode. But something about the fully co-op confuses me.

You pass around the token that signifies who controls the demon character on their turn. And the demon character handles the event cards and the mobs. But there don't seem to be rules on how a fully co-op game should handle mob control. The only rule I saw is "Demon character doesn't have to control a mob if they don't want to" rule.

So in a fully co-op game,
1. Can players controlling the demo just opt to not have mobs attack or do anything? 2. And if so, is that unbalanced or is it fine?
3. What about boss characters in dungeons? Can they just stand there and get attacked?
4. Is there incentive some other aspect of the game (like the scenarios) to make mobs attack other players in a fully co-op game?

0 0

I'm not sure what you mean by "full co-op". If all players are playing together with a common goal, then you need at least one player to play the Demon, otherwise there's no real opposition! The Demon will make sure that he gives a challenge to the players and has objectives of his own.

If you play each on your own (ie. you're competing to win the game), then you can share the Demon between players. In this case, to answer your questions:

1) Yes.
2) It's fine if it happens. However, if this is a competitive game, players are passing a good opportunity to slow down/attack/impede other player's progress, and their opponents may not be so lenient.
3) Dungeon's boss are controled by players who aren't in the dungeon, therefore, they have little incentive on playing nice on the ones inside (again, in competitive mode). If all players are in the dungeon, see2.
4) Scenarios may give some more incentive to attack players, like the egg hunt scenario (where KO'd characters lose whatever eggs they have). And since you can create your own scenarios, you can go even further.

Score : 3
Dewit|2016-07-18 18:03:34
I'm not sure what you mean by "full co-op". If all players are playing together with a common goal, then you need at least one player to play the Demon, otherwise there's no real opposition! The Demon will make sure that he gives a challenge to the players and has objectives of his own.
I'm beginning to suspect there are multiple versions of the rules floating around, because other sites I've looked at seem to have confusion about this mode as well.

The rules I received with the U.S. distributed version of the game describe a "full co-op" mode, where the demon character is shared among the entire group. The demon token is passed from player to player. The demon character plays out their full turn every time. In this mode, the players are all on the same team, and the first player to get their full GG, wins for the entire group. The entire group loses if all the players lose their GG, or the adventure track fills up.

Obviously in this situation, there's not a lot of incentive for the players to make the demon act against them. So I expected to find some rules on what the demon character is required to do during full co-op, but I couldn't in the rule book.

1. Do you know if any errata or additions to the rules for Krosmaster Quest will be released , and if so, where I should watch to get them?
0 0

Mmmmh... I think there must be some misunderstanding. i've checked the English version of the booklet and here's what I see:

Page 9, main rule book:

Demon Player or Demon sharing (...) The Demon must be played by a single player in Cooperative mode.

Page 17, main rulebook:

If the player is played by just one player, the rule is slightly different. If the Free-For-All mode is in play, use the Demon token method described above, but without passing the token to the other players. (...)
If the Cooperative rule is in play, the Demon has their full power and plays a complete turn (event cards and mob) for every one of their game turns! In this case, you don't need to use the Demon token.

The need for a player-Demon wasn't reiterated in the Scenario book, maybe it should have been.

As for errata, I've not been informed of it, I'll get back to you.
Score : 205

is it possible to launch Chinese version?

0 0
Score : 42

Hi all, any one have a scenario rulebook in english?

I got a Krosmaster Quest in french and my son cant read it. Thank you!

0 0
Score : 16

Question to resource respawns

It seems the rules are not exactly the same for wood/ore/dungs/eggs
Can you please specify if we understand it correctly:

Lets say we play with 5 Krosmasters which also means with 5 map tiles.

RULE:
Tree Respawn: For each non-city board tile, take 1 tree from the reserve and place it on a free tree cell. If there are no cells of this type free ON THIS tile, the tree goes back in the reserve.

Process:
You take 1 tree and set it on one of the the tile's free tree cell. If no tree cell is free on that GIVEN (!!!) map tile, the tree is lost. THEN you proceed to the 2nd, 3rd... map tiles and repeat it 5 times.

RULE:
Vein Respawn: For each non-city board tile, take 1 ore vein from the reserve and place it on a free vein cell. If there are no cells of this type free ON ANY available non-city tiles, the vein goes back in the reserve.

Process:
You take all 5 ore veins at once and set them on any free ore cells on any tiles. If no ore cells are free ANYWHERE (!!!), all the remaining ore veins go back to the box at once. Everything  handled at once not by map tiles.

RULE:
Dung Respawn: For each non-city board tile, take 2 pieces of gobball dung from the reserve and place them ON ANY free dung cells of your choice.

You take 2 dungs and set them on the tile's dung cells. If no dung cell is free on that GIVEN (!!!) map tile, the dungs are lost. THEN  you proceed to the 2nd, 3rd... map tiles and repeat it 5 times. No matter what map tiles are in play you need to try to place  2+2+2+2+2 dungs, just like the trees above

RULE:
Egg Respawn: For each non-city board tile, take 2 tofu eggs from the reserve and place them on any free egg cells of your choice. If there are no cells of this type free on any available non-city tiles, the eggs go back to the reserve.

Process:
You take all 10 eggs at once and set them on any free egg cells on any tiles. If no egg cells are free ANYWHERE (!!!), all the remaining eggs go back to the box at once. Everything handled at once not by map tiles.

1 0
Score : 1

do powers stack? f.e. rolf bak has critical as a power and gets an amour that would give him critical too, would he be able to use 2 additional dices or would only one critical count?

also, in the "wild realms" expansion, the "enemy territory" was one of the new key words, however, i have only seen an explaination about its mechanic for arena, how does it work in quest?

0 0
Score : 167

You can't stack the same power (e.g. having "critical" from two different sources only give you one additional dice) however powers with different names can stack, like in Rolf Bak's case, "chance" and "critical" both give an additional dice when attacking with his main spell, for a total of three dices.

As for the "enemy territory" in Quest, assume that it's undefined, therefore the condition is never met to trigger the additional effects under the "invasion" keyword.

0 0
Respond to this thread