By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Krosmaster Quest] - Got doubts? Ask here! :D

By Vragar April 21, 2016, 09:59:24

Hi all!

It seems that finally Krosmaster Quest will be soon released from CMON (here's the topic: Click here), and I'm opening this post to make a sort of index for all questions about Krosmaster Quest.

So if you got ANY doubts about Krosmaster Quest's Rules please ask here!
Players and, hopely, Ankama's Staff, will try to answer your questions.

Have a nice (board)game! Matt.
0 0
Reactions 37
Score : 896

I got doubts!

I finally got Krosmaster Quest 1.5 years late and I am now wondering about the new Lock rule from Krosmaster 2.0.

I am planning to use the new Lock rules in my Krosmaster Arena games, but it would be confusing to use different (old) rules in Krosmaster Quest.

But... most of the opponents in Quest are mobs and it would hinder them quite a bit if they can't lock at all, only catch.

So any thoughts on this matter. Does Ankama have an OFFICIAL ruling on this matter?

-J

0 0
Score : 1402

Well Quest was planned long time before 2.0 Rules, so in my game I think I'll continue using the actual Lock rules.

Keep in mind that Arena and Quest are totally compatible, but are different games... In Quest for example, each dice with a Critical face will add +1 to the base damage (eventually each Armor will decrease base damage by -1), like in old Season 1 rules.

As said in the Rules Booklet anyway, feel free to apply any houserule during your game at home.
If you'd like to use 2.0 Lock rules, and make mobs able to Lock instead of only Catch, go on and try! You will say us if that thing works or not, and how you have fixed it.

Have a nice game! Matt.

0 0
Vragar|2016-04-23 16:58:34
Keep in mind that Arena and Quest are totally compatible, but are different games... In Quest for example, each dice with a Critical face will add +1 to the base damage (eventually each Armor will decrease base damage by -1), like in old Season 1 rules.

Oh, I missed that also! Well, this is not a huge deal... Maybe I will stick with the current crit rules, that this does not get too confusing.

-J
0 0
Score : 82

I just got Quest yesterday and you're wrong; the combat and Lock rules are the same as 2.0. All opponents can lock and who ever rolls the more crits or shields just gets 1 more or less damage.

As for questions: I'm not 100% sure how quests on the Adventure board work. Are they ever removed? Can a person complete the Scenario Quest card or only when a Repeatable Quest card comes up?

And does uncovering the Flavour Text let you take two turns in a row the rest of the game or just once?

0 0

Unless they changed the Rules, I'm pretty sure in the italian booklet Lock works Like the actual 1.0 rules.

Critical and Armor in the italian booklet works Like in Season 1, where each succesfull roll increase or decrease the total damage.

The main scenario quest is always repeatable during the whole game.

The additional quests in the cardboard must be executed in order, starting from the first; once you've completed the first you can pass to the Second, and so on without the possibility to skip one and pass over. If one cards of the repeatable quest come over, it's considered a copy of the main scenario quest.

When you buy the covered Space where's the flavour text you immediatly get one extra turn to use, right after Your normal one. It's a "double-step" For just one time.

0 0
Vragar|2016-04-27 09:51:39
Unless they changed the Rules, I'm pretty sure in the italian booklet Lock works Like the actual 1.0 rules.

Critical and Armor in the italian booklet works Like in Season 1, where each succesfull roll increase or decrease the total damage.
They changed the rules for the US then. Everything is 2.0 in my rule book. EDIT: Whoops, Lock and Dodge are still 1.0, Armour and Crits is the newer version, whoever rolls more results just gets +/-1 difference

The Main Scenario quest CAN'T be repeatable through the whole game unless a Repeatable Quest card comes up otherwise some of the scenarios are broken.

I know how the Quest track works, I'm just curious if any of the quests are ever removed from the track.
0 0
Score : 234

Buying a GG
It is possible to buy a GG with Kamas. The price varies depending on your progress along the Geegee Path: the price is the one shown on the first free space along the path (which is not occupied by a GG).

When can I buy a GG? in my turn?
if I have enough kama to buy 2 GG, can I do it?

0 0

Hi all.

Now I'm here with my Rule Book under hands, and I'll check for some of the doubts came out in these posts.
First of all I'll specify that my version is Italian from the first release (so about July 2015); it could be possible that some rules had been changed in this lapse of time, and actual versions carry some updated rules.

Please note that, even if the world is the same, the miniatures are the same and many rules are shared, Quest and Arena are two completly different games; so if something works in Arena it can works differently in Quest.

Lock (pag.15)

It works exactly as in the actual rules (V.2.3).

Critical/Armor (pag.18)

This works like in the old Season 1 ruleset.
Each dice of the corrispondant face will increase/decrease total damage by 1; so 2 Critcals will increase damage by 2, and 3 Armors will decrease damages by 3.

Scenario and Repeteable Missions (pag.15)
The first mission onto the Adventure's Path must be the Main Scenario Mission from the adventure booklet (if you're playing in Free Mode, without any booklet, choose a mission card and consider it the main mission). This mission can be completed by all players but it IS NOT repeteable (my fault, sorry).
During the game it could come out from the Demon's Deck a "Repeteable Quest Card"; this is always a copy of the main mission. No Mission Cards will ever be removed from the Adventure's Path even if completed by all players.
Take note that if the Adventure's Path table is full and the Demon draws another Mission Card, the game will end immediatly; this works both for standard mode and cooperative mode.

Buying GGs (pag.14)
It's not specified a limit to buy GGs during a turn, the only note is the kama cost to check from the GGmeter on the character sheet.
It's not specified that you can buy GGs just during your turn either...
I'll assume that if you got enough kamas you can buy any number of GGs whenever you want (even if I'd like to limit this only during the player turn, in my houserules).

Uncovering/Buying in the Character Sheet (pag.16)
A player can buy and discard a cover card from her Character Sheet in ANY moment; her purchase is immediatly at disposal.
When you buy the covering of the flavour text on your Krosmaster's Card, you will get immediatly and additional turn; basically you will play two turns instead of just one.

This are things written in my Rules Booklet, and I'm curious to know if there are different versions, or errata, about any of those rules in the new printed products.
If something is different please write here, to ask Ankama's Staff what is the valid rule upon the possible different versions.

Thank you all for your support, and (as always) Have a Nice Game! Matt.

0 0
Vragar|2016-05-02 10:33:17

Critical/Armor (pag.18)

This works like in the old Season 1 ruleset.
Each dice of the correspondent face will increase/decrease total damage by 1; so 2 Criticals will increase damage by 2, and 3 Armors will decrease damages by 3.
Yup, they changed this for sure, it's just plus or minus one point like the updated rules.

I wonder why they changed it? I wonder if that will make the US version too hard?
0 0

Well I think that the US version is more fair, being equal to the actual Krosmaster Arena Rules (V.2.3); the old Season 1 ruleset was too depending from Lady Luck.

I'd like an answer from Ankama's Staff at this point, just to know if I should use the US version or the IT version.

Dewit, could you give an official answer please? Thank you very much! biggrin 

0 0

Well, Quest was written with the 1.0, original rules for damage. But it seems like Japanime Games, during translation, decided to switch it to 2.0. Interesting! tongue

I think both rules can be played without risk. Obviously, 2.0 rules will make the game slightly more difficult as damage output is lower, but bear in mind that most monsters in the game die rather quickly. Only fighting other Krosmasters or bosses should give out a higher challenge, and they appear more scarcely.

We have made clear that this game is what you want it to be, and I've heard stories of players converting it to 2.0 rules without any specific trouble. Do as you like!

Ok, so the English booklet is "wrong", with the actual Critical/Armor rules.
Quest was planned with the original Season 1 rules where each correct face influences the total damage.

It seems correct anyway, since many other powers work differently in Quest. In this way Critical and Armor are very helpful powers for the characters. Good thing.

Fighting hordes of Tofus and Bufftoufs will be more satisfying with an Ayan in play (3 dices! Woooooo... BIG damage!).

Thanks for your explaination Dewit. smile 

0 0
Score : 18

That's funny. I only have the 1.0 rules, only finding the new rules recently. I find it's a very frustrating book to reference during a game.

Anyway, when I read Quest I noticed the new crit rules and thought it was a typo when I compared it against the original Arena rules. Then I found out that the new crit rules are correct for Arena. Now I find out that they are not correct for Quest. What a rollercoaster.

Not mattering that much as we've started our first game and I didn't properly shuffle the quest deck and we've spawned mobs every turn. Also, I was playing the demon after each player's turn instead of after everyone's turn. I think this is wrong but I'm not sure as the rules are really hard to reference.

I have another question. The auction quest card says for the demon to randomly pick an equipment card to auction.

I've made the following assumptions:
1) Players are bidding on the equipment, not the recipe. That is, when they win the bid they put the equipment in their inventory without having to craft it?
2) The demon chooses what type of equipment to auction. I have two stacks of armour, 1 stack each of trinkets and weapons. Hard to randomly choose a stack.

Me again. Can't find the rules for breath area of effect.

0 0
TheCoyote|2016-05-10 20:51:24

Did you find it already?

Last page of my Quest rulebook.
Picture of Breath Zone.
0 0

Here are all the Areas:

Blue circle: Character who casts the spell
Red square: Targeted cell (main target of the Area of Effect)
Yellow squares: Additional cell from the Area of Effect)

From left to right, they are: Cross - Square - Hammer - Staff - Shovel - Axe (left or right) - Hand - Breath
0 0
-J-A-N-|2016-05-11 09:47:21

Did you find it already?

Picture of Breath Zone.
Do you have the English rules? Because the Breath zone template is missing from mine and a few other people's I know as well.
0 0
Score : 739
Magicpink|2016-05-13 23:04:16
-J-A-N-|2016-05-11 09:47:21

Did you find it already?

Picture of Breath Zone.
Do you have the English rules? Because the Breath zone template is missing from mine and a few other people's I know as well.

Do you have a Krosmaster Arena box? With the possible exception of the Axe pattern (What even uses that?) they are all in the rule book.
0 0

Breath Area was inserted in Season 2, so probably it doesn't compare in the basic Krosmaster 1.0 Rule Book.

I've got italian Rule Book for Quest, and the Breath Area is present.

Axe Area was inserted, and used since now, just for some DR of the Frigost Expansion.
Maybe in the next Seasons we will see the Axe Area again. smile 

0 0
Score : 3

Questions that have come up while learning the game:

1) When do you check for Quest completions?

EXAMPLE: On Page 27 of the Scenario book says "If the Tofubine is on the same tile as the Krosmaster, the Krosmaster earns 1 GG." When do you check for this game state? At the start of the krosmaster's turn, end of the kromaster's turn, on the demon's turn, etc.?

2) When can you look at the other side of a recipe? Rulebook only says not before buying. If you can look immediately after buying but before crafting, and can sell back for purchase cost, couldn't you just buy and sell everything, looking at them all?

3) Do you put mob tokens back in the stack to be "randomly selected" immediately after they die, or do you wait until you run out of the type of mob, like shuffling a deck?

0 0
Respond to this thread