By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A message regarding Wild Realms' release

By [Dewit] - ANKAMA - August 23, 2017, 16:06:22
AnkaTracker News
Hello everyone! Here's a message from Eric, our North American sales director. smile

Hey, all! Since Krosmaster - Wild Realms is coming up on its North American October release, we wanted to give you some information.

First, the actual release. As many of you know, the first half of 2017 was an uncertain time for Krosmaster in English speaking countries. As that was the case, we printed just a small amount of English product for Wild Realms. There will certainly not be enough to go around. So if you want to get your hands on it, contact your retailer like right now. Seriously. Also, we're doing a promotion where the first 50 retailers who order a case (48 figures) from their distributors get FOR FREE the Fall 2017 In-Store Play Kit. This kit includes 32 Krosmaster figures and everything a store needs to run an event for 8 people.

Secondly, a common concern among players is how the 3D tokens are distributed. For Wild Realms, we're doing something totally different than we've done before - We're putting the tokens in the blind boxes with the character who summons them.

This will beg the obvious question - "Is this how all the 3D tokens will be packaged from now on?" No, it is not. This was a very special set of circumstances that led to this being possible and making sense.

Reason 1. The only summons in Wild Realms are the Jellies (from Mint King, etc.) and they're all nice and square. Just like their summoners. So they both fit very nicely in the box together.

Reason 2. There are 4 (Jelly) Kings in the set. That's 1/4 of the set. Part of the thinking was, that players might be a little disappointed if they opened a bunch of Kings in a brick. "A bunch of squares?!?" So we packed the tokens in with them to make them all more interesting. Plus they look crazy cute with their little buddies.

Reason 3. Wild Realms was developed during the time when we weren't sure how we were going to get products into players' hands in the USA/Canada. So instead of making a bunch of tokens that we weren't sure would ever make it out into the world or how, why not put them in the blind box? You know, since they actually fit in there together and all.

So why not do this for all releases? Well, packaging is the real conversation stopper here. Unless we wanted to make the blind boxes larger (not happening), there would be no way to put most tokens in with the figures. That's not an option. Most figures would never be able to fit in a box with their token (or multiple tokens if they summon a lot of dudes). Wild Realms worked because the Kings are square, the tokens are square and don't have bases like all the other tokens, they are the only figures in the set making summons, and they only make one each at a time. It was a convergence of many factors that made it make sense to package them this way.

For future sets, tokens will be far more attainable than they have been in the past. We're still working out how we will make them available to you. But be assured, if you want the fancy tokens they'll be there for you to get. You won't have to go through a thousand hoops or wonder even if they'll even be available to you at all.

That's all for now. If you want to take part in the Fall 2017 In-Store Play Kit, make sure to contact your retailer like now. There are only 50 kits available. Get 'em while they're hot! See you in the Arena. 
First Ankama intervention

Replying to AlexianAnder

The contents of the kit will be posted shortly (probably next week). 

See message in context
Reactions 10
Score : 105

It's a great notice for the USA/UK players. Congratulations!

Does the "Fall 2017 In-Store Play Kit" includes new promo miniatures?

The contents of the kit will be posted shortly (probably next week). 

Score : 16

Hi, has season 5 been released yet? I can't find english version in any store..

Score : 4282

"Hey, all! Since Krosmaster - Wild Realms is coming up on its North American October release, we wanted to give you some information."

DeWit can you revise this statement as October didn't happen....neither did November.   Can you give a more accurate prediction.   And what about the OVA pack and Eternal packs any idea when we'll see those in English?

These questions should be asked to Eric, he has all the cards in hand to talk about the releases. 

Score : 968

Are those preproduction , already produced and ready to ship, already shipped, or.....Eric what does Dewit mean?

Score : 63

Also keen to know this - I have some sets on pre-order in the US (I live in Australia) and will need to time a US trip I am due to make early next year at such a time as they will be available.

(Obviously, I had assumed these would be safely waiting for me from the Oct delivery date, so now it's late Dec, I'm getting a little edgy. Was aiming to travel mid-Feb, so hopefully things work out - but some info would be amazing at this stage)

Score : 6133

JinjaNinja|2017-12-21 21:37:19
Also keen to know this - I have some sets on pre-order in the US (I live in Australia) and will need to time a US trip I am due to make early next year at such a time as they will be available.

(Obviously, I had assumed these would be safely waiting for me from the Oct delivery date, so now it's late Dec, I'm getting a little edgy. Was aiming to travel mid-Feb, so hopefully things work out - but some info would be amazing at this stage)

He means Eric Reasoner. Guess how you contact him? ... via the Fan run facebook group "Krosmaster Tofu Alliance". That's right! The English contact for Krosmaster is all done via Facebook!!! If only Ankama had some sort of official forum or site for Krosmasters where English players could could go to contact and discuss these things with their English rep instead of facebook. ...Oh wait...

Dewit telling someone to direct their questions about Krosmasters to an offsite rep that can only be contacted via Facebook. Pure Gold!
Score : 199

Figure Code "MASTERKNA" for anyone who want the code, but doesn't want to read about how Krosmaster Online is not mentioned at all again in the newest Gamkana. We are abandoned once again. 

Score : 968

When is wild realms going to be available?

Respond to this thread