FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Power creep in Season 4&5

By Hmmmvot April 12, 2017, 00:10:08

I would like an official comment from [Nuuh] on the latest Krosmaster releases.

Especially how come Sphincter Cell, Percimol - Controlled and Yugo - Exalted aren't bosses or how come they got the ridiculous stats which are way above average.

Is this the direction Krosmaster is going: towards more power so that matches are played quicker?
Or is it a marketing mechanic so that people pursue the OVA pack and sales go up?

To compare, i'll give my personal impression on some of the latest figures:

2.0 core box:
Jahash, Marline, Grampy Protector, Lilotte - greatly balanced
Bakara, Khan, Joris Swashbuckler, Julith - over the top stats

Season 4:
Sphincter - crazy over the top stats
Nun and all the Monks - good balance
Chafers - mostly good balance
Lord Crow - good balance

OVA:
Yugo and Percimol - WTF stats
the rest seem pretty balanced to me

Mind you, I'm not saying they are OP, it's just their stats make it an uphill battle to play against them, especially when facing certain synergies. 

Particular offenders based on a couple dozen matches are:
Percimol + Khan + Henual. That's a 10-inch reach almost guaranteed 5 damage. No other 7-level combo does that much while offering little counterplay (of course, Percimol is also itty-bityy and has armor, because why not).

Khan + Sphincter. So there's not much raw damage, but push 2 + walk 3 + push self 1, then hit with 2 base, then Exfiltration behind an Obstructive summon with 3 hp that's also going to attack is a more efficient hit&run tactic than anyone can do.

Yugo Exalted + some beaters. Having 4 MP means he will always be in position for a high-value teleport. Anna Tommy at least required some thinking and good positioning. The new Yugo can move a model 8 spaces by himself while also doing damage.

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 157

Because Kitty Rage and Merkator, or Coa Gular and Kivin never existed right???

0 0
Score : 676

Coa and Merk have thankfully rotated out
Kitty and Kivin are both bosses and have their disadvantages (Kitty is still over-the-top on stats).

Still, after seeing most of Season 4, I grew to believe that [Nuuh] finally learned to make balanced figures, but sadly I was mistaken.

0 0
Score : 6298

Hmmmvot| Today - 13:06:33
Coa and Merk have thankfully rotated out
Kitty and Kivin are both bosses and have their disadvantages (Kitty is still over-the-top on stats).

Still, after seeing most of Season 4, I grew to believe that [Nuuh] finally learned to make balanced figures, but sadly I was mistaken.

I'm surprised you feel Kitty is over the top for a level 5. Julith as a level 4 can move faster and through obstacles and deilver 6 damage close up and 4 at range without hurting herself and only has 3 less starting health. To me, using Julith as a measuring stick Kitty is not nearly as bad. If Kitty had been a level 4 definitely, but as a level 5 not so much. And you can game Kitty by staying close because of her minimum range. You can't game Julith because of her movement. She just lets bad players be bold without any consequences or thoughts on strategy.
0 0
Respond to this thread