By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

OVA Pack: the Antagonists

By [Dewit] - ANKAMA - February 24, 2017, 16:00:00
AnkaTracker Blog News

Let’s continue our discovery of the new OVA Pack’s content. We’ve met the heroes, now make way for their villainous opponents with 4 new profiles!  

This is our second and last part of our reveal of the Wakfu series-inspired OVA Pack! Last time, you had the opportunity to meet our heroes, now it’s time for their opponents to shine. Four Krosmasters making a dangerous 12 points team…

Let’s start with the leader of this improvised bunch of misfits: Ush, one of the many sons of the god Ecaflip. An agile and dangerous fighter armed with two swords, who will make your opponent regret their decisions if they let him get a bit too close…

Remington, on the other hand, uses a very different tactic: he likes to stay at a distance and shower his opponents with incessant fire, before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Don’t count on a Rogue to be the shining hero on the frontline… he’s not paid enough for that!

Percimol, controlled by one of Ush’s Fleaflea, is probably not even conscious of his presence on the battlefield. But his opponents sure won’t forget he’s here! Quick, nimble, and using his hammer in a terrifying manner, he’ll know how to use his speed to take down his unlucky victims.

And finally, to complete the team, here’s Maskemane, also under the control of a Fleaflea. A little Masqueraider who may not look like much, but has more than one trick in his sleeve…

Indeed, you will able to get two more masks (*) for Maskemane by competing in official tournaments. The mask on the original figurine is removable and can be replaced by one of the two new masks at will! And of course, both of them come with their own profile, as seen below:

You now know everything about the content of this new pack! Of course, you may mix and match these new heroes with your collection to create new and deadly teams. We’re curious to see what you will make out of these guys! :)

* These masks are not provided in the OVA Pack, but are distributed at tournaments or during Krosmaster events.

First Ankama intervention

Replying to MRCollier

The handling of tournament prizes has always been in the hands of the local distributor. I am not aware of every detail that goes into the contract with CMON, but they are the one who are in charge of distributing these promo pieces in the way they see fit. 
"Available in tournament" is the most common, over here and in most of Europe, however, other ways to obtain them might be possible as well. 

See message in context
Reactions 44
Score : 199

Cool, can't wait to get these in the year 2018 a year after the rest of the world has moved on to Season 5. But how about that online update? Got any news people are actually asking for?

Score : 37

Yay more tournament exclusive stuff to mess shit up for those who don't play competitively, I get resin tokens and terrain, they don't have a gameplay effect but Christ on a cracker why lock playable content away from willing paying customers behind a tournament wall, I won't be flying anywhere to do a tourney to get the masks, so I'll give some dude on eBay my money to get them, the same money I would have gladly given your company to sell them to me in the first damn place, your loss his gain I guess.

This. You guys do not understand regional marketing. In the USA we are spread much farther apart than in other places like France. What's more when you do this you usually have to compromise the design so that its way underpowered and not likely to be used in any real competative setting because then it becomes very unfair to other players if it's too powerful and they can't get them too. So instead it becomes just fluff instead of a competatively viable reward. It's Counterintuative. So in the end why not make them something your consumers can just pay for? This must just be a huge cultural thing. News flash "rest of world does not do everything the same". You should let CMON handle distribution on their end for USA instead of foisting your very different market on the rest of the world, thats what you are paying them for no?

Score : 1

Will there be an opportunity to win masks at PAX East?

Score : 968

It would be really cool to be able to provide tournament exclusives to people that don't have the opportunity. Those masks look fun!! I'm not sure how you would accomplish it, but it would be cool.

Score : 350

The Remington has a really cool design have to say that, but Ush seems like a nice nerfed Julith just with earth dmg and a OP-Power. And Persimol... i'm not thatsure about him, but essentially a 3drop with 5 MP and a standart Attack as AOE and 11HP? And Itty-Bitty and armor and Chance? This is easily the strongest standalone lvl3 Krosmaster. And why does the normal Maskemane not have the Power? It doesn't make a difference, but still.
And ankama can't you make some decisions like "we're going to update the online game in the xxxx Month" or "we'll begin working on the Update at xxxx/after xxxx is finished" Seriously.

Score : 267

Why does Psichopath have no power? It looks more like a mistake... Shouldn't he have Masquerade???

It's by design on our part. 

If someone buys the pack without any other knowledge of the collection, they may feel like they have an "incomplete" figurine and derive frustration from it. That's why we try to make it so these packs are a "complete" experience, and that Maskeman was playable on his own from the start. 

If you own another mask, then it doesn't really change whether this version as Masquerade or not. Use that version in your basic team, and change it to the version you enjoy more once you have the opportunity, including the Psychopath version. 

Score : 9

The Psychopath Mask cannot easily be removed by the wearer - in the comics, Maskemane can't remove it once he puts in on and nearly kills his own allies. One of his allies manages to snatch it off his face when he freezes up after fatally injuring someone he actually sort of likes.

Score : 267

Ush seems overpowered...

Score : 105

Well, we are receiving the new OVA pack in Europe, and all them comes without Code Online.... is it a joke? can we start to be SERIOUSLY worried about the Krosmaster Online's future?? a great release like this shouldn't be so sad too....

Called it.

Called it. Told ya, they are out. It's only a matter of time before Dewit comes on here to announce the closing of the online part of Krosmaster.

I can't give you an immediate answer to the online code question, as I'm missing some of the information. We will gather all that's necessary and make an official announcement next week regarding the situation. I apologize for the way, and thank you for your patience. 

Score : 1607

I may be jumping the gun here, but according to my calendar we're (early in) next week. Any news on that official statement?

I must admit I'm loving the Masquerade power. It's the essence of the Masqueraider class and I'm glad it's finally integrated into the game. Only too bad it won't be very mainstream, but Maskemane being a lvl 1, he can be put in a lot of teams

Score : 656

Well, apparently communication takes weeks within Ankama, so no wonder we mostly get the silent treatment.

Technically there is still friday to the next week comment.

Hey guys. Quick message before the week-end. 

Unfortunately, I'm unable to give you the definite and official answer to your questions this week. We had to have the confirmation of many different parties and we couldn't secure all the answers during the week. And therefore, it's difficult for me to give an answer if there's even the slight possibility that we'll have to contradict ourselves right afterwards... 

I deeply apologize for the extra delay we have to put on this. I had promised that you would get the answers this week, but we'll have to postpone it until next week then. 

Until then, thank you for your patience and your understanding. 

It is indeed sad but I hope the news will be worth the wait... I would assume seeing there are no codes in the ova pack, this is a decision made some time ago, so I am curious what parties still need to give their feedback

Score : 30

It's very sad what's happening with krosmaster online ... This game had the potential to be a great e-sport, like Counter Striker GO, Herathstone, League of Legend and Dota2 .. But the ankama was not smart enough for that to happen.

I believe this is still possible if Ankama just implements the changes they've already made to the board game. It's not like they have to reinvent stuff, they just have to carry it over to the digital side. Krosmaster is still a fun game concept

There's been a doom and gloom mentality on the English forums since one month after the initial release pertaining to the online game. That mentality is not on the other language forums.

Score : 21

In the Spanish forum there is no negativity because there is no activity because of the CCM Hispano, go through Krosmaster Arena España and you will see negativity.

THANKYOU for the update Dewit. wink Looking forward to whatever the official statement is.

I just opened mine and I must admit I was very disappointed to find my Ush figurine with a red and a brown sword instead of the nice blue and red combo he sports on his card. What happened?! :-(

Definitely looks blue and red in the promo art.

Respond to this thread