By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Score : 112

Krosmaster Quest – RPG game mode – NEW Character progression and Demon-player rules

By lucianozn1 January 10, 2017, 19:11:15

[floatright]Created by Luciano G.[/floatright]

For sake of simplicity, I will not include the full version of the rules in this post, but you can view/download it with the link at the end of the post.

Short description:
A new way of play Krosmaster Quest: as the way it was originally intended to be.
New rules for:
>character sheet (level progression);
>personal quests (more balanced rewards);
>demon player (a complete new way of playing demon);
>dungeons (a complete new way of building dungeons).
You don't need anything new into your base game to play this game mode, it is just rule based.

Full description:
This game mode was made by me as attempt to create a more RPG-like game, as I originally thing that Krosmaster Quest was – as you probably know, it is more like just a board game with some high damn potential but not used.

The game mode is based on the base game rules. It's an adaptation to the "Free Game – Scenario" setting - but you could use this rules with the others scenarios too. And also, the game mode tries to stay faithful of the "Krosmaster Quest" universe (don't break the fantasy of the game), this is why you won't need anything besides the base game stuff – but I think it might be okay if you add some extra content (like self made items and other stuff).

In this game mode I attempted to add elements of character progression to the "Heroes" players, and a complete new way to play as a "Demon" player.

As a Hero Player, you will have more opportunity to customize your character with GGs and buy items – with also can become stronger. Now you can upgrade your basic (or base) attributes (like HP, MP, AP) and also the skill's DMG. For balance purpose, some rules were included to a more decent "level scaling system".

As a Demon Player, you will be introduced to a new way of playing – with new mechanics – that is much more complex and less RNG/random based. You also will have access to a kind of "level progression" so you can "catch up" players, as they progress ("level up") - and also have the hole game more balanced.

Also, the dungeons suffer a big change to be more modifiable, witch stick to the Demons new mechanics.
I hope you guys enjoy this new game mode and help me, and all others players, to have a more balanced and enjoyable game, testing it and arguing about what is good and what could be better.

Let's begin the adventure!

Luciano’s RPG game mode – Version 1.00 - Short Rules Version

Vocabulary
Buff: A temporary aura, that least for 1 complete turn (“until you play again). It gives to it(s) user(s) +1HP and +1DMG.
Room buff: An aura, normally found in dungeons, that least until the players advance to the next room. It gives to it(s) user(s) +1HP and +1DMG.
Evil Points: A new currency for the Demon player.
Dungeon Points: A new currency for the Dungeons, that is managed through the Demon player.
Heroes: Krosmasters controlled by players.
Demon:
The player that wants to rule the world.
Elite mob (Elite Tofu): Mobs that spawns inside Dungeons – they have a Crown on their cards and tokens.
Attribute/Attribute Point: May be applied to MP, HP, AP or to a chosen skill. Give +1 to the status where It was applied.

RULES:

Heroes changes:
Scalable skill price: First/Second/Third/Fourth = 5/10/15/20 Kamas.
The more the GG, the stronger It gets.
-If the number of GG in GG Path minus Krosmaster level is greater than 0, so you have Attribute Points available – you win one for each GG past the number of your level (don’t forget to not duplicate Attribute Points):
--A level 1 Krosmaster can have 12 Attribute Points with a full GG Path.
--A level 2 Krosmaster can have 11 Attribute Points with a full GG Path.
--A level 3 Krosmaster can have 10 Attribute Points with a full GG Path.
--A level 4 Krosmaster can have 9 Attribute Points with a full GG Path.
--A level 5 Krosmaster can have 8 Attribute Points with a full GG Path.
--A level 6 Krosmaster can have 7 Attribute Points with a full GG Path.
-You can assign an Attribute Point to your Hero HP or AP or MP or to a skill DMG value.

Equipment changes:
The more the GG, the stronger It gets.
-One hand Weapons: For each 2 GGs above the card level of the Hero, It gets +1 DMG Attribute.
-Two hand Weapons: For each 1 GG above the card level of the Hero, It gets +1 DMG Attribute.

Personal Quest changes:

Event Cards change:
Remove 1x Resource Respawn card of each resource type.
Consider 1 Auction Card as a New Arrival card – so you will have 4 Price Change, 3 New Arrival and 2 Auction, cards.
Organize the cards as the following:

Demon changes:
Demon Turn:
-Win 1 Evil Point (starts the game with 1 Evil Point already).
-Win Evil Points equal the number of tiles with mobs and without players -minus 1.
-Draw a World Control card.
-If is an Activation Turn, drawn a Mob Spawn card (odd turns).
-If is a Maintenance Turn, spend Evil Points (even turns).
-Use Evil Points to Buff mobs.
-Control the mobs in tiles with Heroes.

Dungeon Changes:
The Dungeon start level is 1.
The amount of Dungeon Points the Dungeon have depends on It level, as bellow.

-The amount of points available is for the room Dungeon – all rooms – without regeneration.
For every new room in the Dungeon, starts a Creation Room phase.
-In this phase, the Demon have access to the following actions:

And also,

Tips and Tricks
Playing as a low level Hero, you should focus on obtaining items the faster the possible.
Playing as a high level Hero, you should focus on getting your skills the faster the possible.
As a Hero, should focus on get the most of Kamas that you can carry.
As a Demon, you will always try to control the most of zones - Tiles - to get more Evil Points.
As a Demon, abuse of turns that heroes spend in the city to obtain more Evil Points.

That's It! Have a good game!

You can view/download the full version of the rules below:

Short version:
Click here here

Complete version:
Click here here

#Edit: Changed links to Google Docs. Now you can see the files online and download them more easily.

Images available bellow:

Reactions 5
Score : 3

Sad part is, I can't even buy Krosmaster in English language in my country, which is kinda sad, because I live in the middle of Europe (Slovakia that is).
And I would love to own it because online play is pretty much dead.

Score : 76
IcyTinticy|2017-01-16 20:55:03
Sad part is, I can't even buy Krosmaster in English language in my country, which is kinda sad, because I live in the middle of Europe (Slovakia that is).
And I would love to own it because online play is pretty much dead.
Go to board game geek or reddit and look for trade/sell. You can probably find a krosmaster quest for 30-40$ + shipping.
Score : 112

Some games were played and some changes are coming (more balanced rules and use of the original krosmaster arena's runes), I'll keep you guys updated.

Score : 189

Good design, I will try it, thank you for sharing.

Score : 34

I know im late to this thread but Amazon and eBay are great places for English sets. I bought arena 1.0, arena 2.0, all of the expansion sets for season 1 and 2, frigost board and mini box, not mine board all on the two sites. You can also get seasons 3 through 5, quest, boufball and some promos for seasons 3 through 5 on the two sites

Respond to this thread