By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Score : 265

What is happening with this game, exactly?

By Goggle-Hat November 06, 2016, 05:11:11

I recently started playing this game and collecting the figures. My interest actually began with me just wanting to get the Anathar figure, but I was disappointed to find that hasn't happened yet even though it's been a year. I get that the companies and factories have been disputing, that's perfectly understandable, and I'm glad to see products are starting to come out again. But what exactly is the plan regarding updates to the online game? Many have asked this already, I know, but I mean is there any schedule or goal with the development of Krosmaga (a game I can assure everyone that I will never play) where once a point is reached then the developers will come back to the game of greater value to the players? Or have the developers already reached a point where they are working to update it?

Reactions 24
Score : 387

Sad thing is, actual game developers and designers have little to blame
Krosmaster 2.0 and Cemetery Pack is finally playable physically and the game designers newfound competence really shows!
Playing 2.0 without any figure from S1 (if you're REALLY tired of Merk, Quentin, Luke and friends) i assure you it's another game, and boy it was about time. It's really more promising then ever, and real life play is slowly starting to shine again, and that's because a lot of people has been wanting to start playing again and form a new metagame for a long time

Yet, Ankama headquarters doesn't give a crop about it... they decided to move every man they have on the upcomping Krosmaga, leaving nobody to update Krosmaster online and completely neglecting organized play in real life.
Something started to smell bad already months ago, when delays started being ridiculous, they had no idea how to direct their organized play and the less i talk about worlds the better...

I don't know if any other of their games falled to this same treatment since i only play Kros, but personally, i'm gonna boycott Krosmaga like no tomorrow once it's out. If nobody plays it, maybe they'll get it... xcept they won't
Their priorities are laughable at best
So, until Krosmaga is done, expect no support from Ankama at all. It's up to us, the players, to keep the game alive until it happens

Score : 51

So I have tried out Krosmaga. It was fun in the beginning and the art style was appealing. That said, a lot of the initial sparkle has worn off and I have begun to realise just how special Krosmaster is in comparison.

It's sad that Ankama decided to screw over an original gem like Krosmaster in favour of a Hearthstone/Heavenstrike rivals clone. I know that the developers themselves are not entirely to blame and that more often than not their hands are tied. The former Head Developer of Wakfu admitted when he left over a year ago that executive meddling is rife in Ankama; quick cash solutions are prioritised over customer loyalty or much-needed game improvement.

I am glad to hear that the physical version of the game is starting to look better with the new rules and figures. A pity the online version was sacrificed in the name of Krosmaga.

Score : 656

I also love how community managers ignore forum posts for weeks on end.

Score : 1607

Yes, I was quite looking forward to these new releases (like the soon to be released ova pack) but if I can't play them online, they are of little use, since I don't play the physical game... :-(

Score : 572
Hmmmvot|2016-11-09 18:09:10
Well they are a small organization with limited resources. wink 

Why was my thread with questions deleted instead of being replied to?

Score : 696

Because were starting to call them on their shit.

Thnag|2016-12-18 23:57:56
Hmmmvot|2016-11-09 18:09:10
Well they are a small organization with limited resources. wink
There are literally family companies with very few people employed who manage to support a great community and run tournament-level skirmish games.

Well, I guess we're not good enough for Ankama to honor us with replies.
Screw this game, I'm not spending a single penny on your products, ever.
You just lost a local TO and a loyal customer of 3 years prior.
Score : 105

Same here. I'm observing the England and USA players are totally pissed of with this hard situation too... We, the Spain and Latin America's player base, are trying all in order to communicate Ankama our thoughts and logic without any decent response from them.

The main Krosmaster's problem is Krosmaga and the terrible company's decision to prioritize new short range games instead of the best game they have developed in its entire history.

Like you there are many players which have invested time and loyalty to Krosmaster over other many board games we can get in the "golden era" we are now for this entertainment... For the moment, with the actual Ankama's horrible decisions about this game, that loyalty and spent time has been insulted seriously...

I don't know how the main managers can't see this so clearly. In the last year if Ankama had sold any thing with krosmaster's theme the players would have bought it entirely... like you have said before, there is a serious problem in the marketing logic when you don't want any money from your best products.

Luckily, the global Krosmaster's community (online and physical) is very well connected through social media. We will see where this company's apathy and betrayal will lead to finally...  

Score : 199

It's called being French. If you think I'm joking just deal with any French company whilst being not French in the business world. It's a cultural thing. They literally are incapable of admitting any fault, because in a very real way they do not think they have done anything wrong. It is an astounding thing to witness in person.

I'm sorry if I have been silent for a while on these forums. The truth is, the situation stands as I have previously stated for the online game: the game is not to be currently updated since the development team is working on Krosmaga full time.

I am aware that it is not a satisfactory solution for many players, and we're trying to get a way to update the game quicker. But for now, this is where we're standing.

Krosmaster is still active on the boardgame side of things, for which we're developping new figurines and keep updating the rules. Announcements about the releases will come in due time.

I'm sorry if this is not the answer you've been expecting. We're working hard to make 2017 a much better year for Krosmaster than 2016 was, and I personally wish the situation will get better as quickly as possible.

Score : 105

Me, and I think lots of krosmaster players know you are trying your best in order to give us any hope your superiors are ruining Dewitt... I see the company lacks of staff in order to give a decent coverage to the customer's demands, cause of that I claim and maintain they have a serious problem of marketing, business point of view and a really wrong perception about the ACTUAL customer's loyalty.

I recognize your labor and wishes, but it is a grave issue Tot and the rest of managers are neglecting when it could be perfectly covered with a little common sense. I'm a player from your different games since 2006, I recognize (unfortunately) this type of errors from you... but Krosmaster is the best game you have created by far, with the best future plan and it is capable to maintain its continuity with a very little effort.

I would love that marked sentence could be read by Tot, really.

Pd: thanks for your responses, cause we have nobody in Kros Spain, it seems Genki doesn't exist for us

Score : 199
Dewit|2017-01-26 09:53:35
I'm sorry if I have been silent for a while on these forums. The truth is, the situation stands as I have previously stated for the online game: the game is not to be currently updated since the development team is working on Krosmaga full time.

I am aware that it is not a satisfactory solution for many players, and we're trying to get a way to update the game quicker. But for now, this is where we're standing.

Krosmaster is still active on the boardgame side of things, for which we're developping new figurines and keep updating the rules. Announcements about the releases will come in due time.

I'm sorry if this is not the answer you've been expecting. We're working hard to make 2017 a much better year for Krosmaster than 2016 was, and I personally wish the situation will get better as quickly as possible.
One of the main reasons I buy the real Krosmaster boardgame figurines is because they come with an online code component. Not many games do this kind of thing, if you guys don't update the online stuff soon, I can promise I won't being buying your new figures for season 4.

Think on that. No update = you don't get my money.

The fact that you guys can not spare even ONE coder is likely a complete lie and a joke. It's becoming clear that Ankama is pulling out of any Krosmaster online support, but you guys just do not want to admit it because it would run off the very last players it has, which still bring in a little money.

Shameful!

PS: Tell Tot to stop screwing things up. We all know this "all in" on Krosmaga is his fault. Don't let him ruin the companies best franchise Dewit.
Score : 696
Dewit|2017-01-26 09:53:35

here we go again, "all in on Krosmaga, fuck the rest of our fanbases because we gotta get this beta together"

and yeah the boardgame component is still active IN ANYWHERE THAT ISNT THE US

we havent even gotten season 4 yet and its been out for months now!!!!! the online component is where the bulk of your non-european playerbase comes from, so youre literally telling the rest of the world "our time is too important for what you want and have paid cash money for, were working on what WE ant not what YOU want"

thanks for letting us know how you really feel ANKAMA, no updates in over a year and all we get is "we dont care about you krosmaster players"
swtchbldbndt|2017-01-28 19:29:28

and yeah the boardgame component is still INactive IN ANYWHERE THAT ISN'T FRANCE

Fix'd

The rest of Europe is TRYING to be active, but Ankama has been negleting the Physical game almost as much as the online game outside of their home country. I say "almost" because some new phisical goods are still coming out, yet Ankama is not promoting and/or organizing any kind of play. I don't know how the situation is in other countries, but here in Italy only the local distributor, Ghenos, is coming up with some events and tournaments to try and keep the game alive, no shop or gaming facility is willing to risk money supporting a game that's been abandoned by its own creator, and i'd be surprised if they would!

How they decided to abandon a kind of game that was going amazingly strong due to having original gameplay, style and no real competitor, being a skirmish board game that rely less on luck and more on small teams of figures and synergies unlike other competitive popular board games like Warhammer (the only game similar to krosmaster that pops into my mind is Heroclix, wich stopped being wildly played a long time ago), to work full time on a much more simple and casual oriented virtual-card game that is going to directly compete (and flat out lose because of their poor support policies) with Clash Royal, Heartstone and the likes is... really beyond any kind of business and marketing reason

The only explanation i can give to this asinine reasoning is "What's popular now? oh! Simple, virtual-only, card-ish games that can be played on the cellphone and needs either grinding or real money to get useful stuff! Yeah, let's jump on the bandwagon and make money too!"
Which is what happened years ago with the oversaturation of FPS games: CoD and Halo were so popular, that everyone started emulating them to make easy money, resulting in a plethora of so similar and (sometimes) souless unoriginal games that almost klled the genre and made it grow old pretty fast, and now they are as forgotten as whoever developed them... and guess who is still live and kickin' now even more then before? Those who refused to join the sheep and kept doing original stuff, like Nintendo.

Hope Krosmaga dies a fast death so you open yor eyes and go back to what really deserves your attention
Score : 18
Serenaso|2017-01-30 10:39:35
How they decided to abandon a kind of game that was going amazingly strong due to having original gameplay, style and no real competitor, being a skirmish board game that rely less on luck and more on small teams of figures and synergies unlike other competitive popular board games like Warhammer (the only game similar to krosmaster that pops into my mind is Heroclix, wich stopped being wildly played a long time ago), to work full time on a much more simple and casual oriented virtual-card game that is going to directly compete (and flat out lose because of their poor support policies) with Clash Royal, Heartstone and the likes is... really beyond any kind of business and marketing reason

Hope Krosmaga dies a fast death so you open your eyes and go back to what really deserves your attention

I mark these sentences cause are the main thought of all the Krosmaster community.

If the international community is thinking this way I assume Ankama, and its main representatives, should rethink all their erroneous politic about abandonment for this game. If you need more workers or equipment invest in it now, cause your best game ever made will never come back when you search it in order to gain money and people.
Score : 329

Wow, wow, you are talking like Ankama is deaf, which is not true. Truth is, they`re enjoy your suffering and graveyards (for some reason).  Ankama just love to see people crying about the game they like and care about.  Also Ankama want to keep everything as dead, as possible, like russian Dofus server. Wasteland and raiders in leather suits is their ultimate dream. So, when Krosmaster will die, Ankama will develop new set of figurines, dedicated to vampire-raiders in leather suits with visible through cloth nipples (did you know whan they`re always draw nipples and later remove it?) and fill whole game with bots, playing with each other. Others will say it`s frenchman, who plays that, but nobody can tell for sure. Maybe it`s sand people from Star Wars. Maybe it`s Fiends from New Vegas. Maybe it`s dev team, working on Online Checkers clone. Who knows? 
            But I can`t tell for sure it`s true, it`s just a theory. Video game theory And can`t be really mad about all this. It`s their property after all. I can find something elso to do, not a big problem. And I actually did when I left this game 1 year ago. I was mad, just like you, but then I realised what it doesn`t change anything. Just try to have fun with what you have. Take it easy, let it go. It was a good time after all. I still remember some matches I had, funny. I remember where it all started for me, how hard it was to be a Krosmaster player without offline figurines and extremely poor drop in Dofus. Ah, memories. But you`ll get those updates one day and I`ll be there too, coz I returned recently. Or not. Still it was worth it.

Score : 329

And why you should care about them if they`re don`t care about you? Most people don`t already. Look at those numbers:
1) Topic about game state, only 1000 views and 17 replies, hottest topic http://imgur.com/d2xxboE
2) My topic about meta, which is one of the hottest topics in every online game. 50 views 
http://imgur.com/d2xxboE
3) My topic back from 2014, hotter than most recent one
http://imgur.com/ctAWux9
4) Same topic as this, way more views. It was so hot it`s got closed
http://imgur.com/5vXwNKu
5) Most recent french topics. Even french players don`t get anything and don`t play it online.
http://imgur.com/dxYoXPe
            Some of this posts is nearly 3 years old, and I am not even pioneer of crying on forums, Ninja was first. We should stop making topics about that, it`s useless. Make a topic when Ankama will do something. It`s hard just stop, but it`s going to happen one day. Just let it be your decision, not theirs. Also posting images here is hell, why so?

Score : 116

Well, crying doen't get anything fixed since you're not a baby anymore. We have to act and do things on our own 

garforeto| Today - 07:52:02 Well, crying doen't get anything fixed since you're not a baby anymore. We have to act and do things on our own 

Oh i did something
I started using my time playing Force of Will as my main IRL game
The support is strong, organized play is everywhere and a lot of people is playing, plus i like the mechanics that mash together all the cool stuff of Magic and Yu Gi Oh without their terrible flaws (Mana screw/flood, insane money required to have 4xcopies of must use to win cards, 98% of the cards being just bad toilet paper...).
It's a bit more expansive to play then Krosmaster but damn... i'm so happy i can play and compete with something i like without resorting to long trips, esoteric rituals, personal prostitution etc. to MAYBE find somebody to play a game i don't even care anymore, i'm just sad it ended the way it did.
at least i have some cool figurines to use for Christmas Nativity Scenes and stuff

Pretty sure a lot of other people did the same, and it was very effective :3

Score : 967

You apparently still have interest. Otherwise you wouldn't be looking on the forums. You try to make it sound like you have moved on, but we all know it's a great game and if CMON would support the game it would grow.

Respond to this thread