FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Is Shadow's (multiman) passive a joke?

By #IcyTheWhitie July 11, 2016, 23:06:56

I kinda wonder. His passive "Darkness Blood" requires 7 multiman in one team which I don't find doable.
So I wonder, is his passive just a joke? Something like Vampyro's "Some like it hot" passive?

1 0
Reactions 8
Score : 745

I can't speak for Shadow, but Vampyro's passive is not just a joke. It's a direct reference to his appearance on Wakfu and a legitimate concern when playing against a team with Tofus.

Mind you, most Tofu Summoners are actually pretty good characters for Area Control, if not particularly popular in high level play.

0 0
Score : 1102

Shadows is a joke because it will never happen in a real match, they really need to change that even with the implementation of grugaloragram. I have played dozens of matches with him and multimen and still has not happened. On the other hand Vampyro's is not because royal tofu is a tofu therefore it can inflict more than one damage.

I would like to see someone post here if they have been able to activate shadow's power. Just out of curiosity.

0 0
Score : 1514

Multimen's and Shadow's activation for "Revenge" and "Retribution" counts the total number of Vigilantes, or Villains, on the battlefiled; both allies and enemies.

To activate Shadow's extra-life power there must be 7 Vigilantes on the field, counting yours and your opponent's ones.

Vampyro's power "Some like it hot" could not be effective just with the basic set, and the original yellow Tofus.

Tofus infact do 0 base Air damage with their attack; even with a Critical dice the damage will raise to 1 Air damage, that will be absorbed by Vampyro's Air Resistance.

EDIT: This is wrong, because Counterattack places injuries and doesn't inflict them.
If you play on Frigost instead, where the Queen can summon Iced Tofu, things would be different... The Iced Tofus got the Counter-Attack power, that can damage Vampyro; this will activate his power, debuffing him.

With Krosmaster Quest thing are going better than ever, because finally we got a Tofu that can do damage!

With Royal Peck and Critical (or with a boosting DR), or using the awesome Royal Crushing, Royal Tofu can damage Vampyro and activate Some Like It Hot.
The Royal Tofu is a Tofu for all purpose; this is clearly indicated on the archtype white band on the card, right after the name of the giant chicken. "Tofu. Boss".

Have a nice game! Matt.
0 0
Score : 948

Oooh, so that's how it is, prosecution counts all the villains and vigilantes in the game.
Well, didn't know that, so thanks!

About Vampyro, I though the only way you could hurt him with tofus would be by debuffing him with Kriss Krass or Malee Buhrum.
I totally forgot that Royal Tofu counts as one. :3

Good info guys, good info.

0 0
Score : 676

Vragar, I don't think the counter-attack power would trigger any Tofu-related effects on Vampyro:

3.7.13.a. This Power means: “Each time an opposing Game Piece inflicts one or more Injuries to the Game Piece owning this power, place an Injury on the opposing Game Piece who inflicted one or more Injuries. If this power is triggered during a spell resolution, it becomes an Effect on standby and will be resolved in step 8 of the spell resolution”. 3.8.5.b.Some Injuries are further considered as inflicted. Spell Damage and Effectsthat name a Game Piece as the source of the Injuries are inflicted Injuries.

Example:Naz Rael inflicts Injuries with “Claw Attack” because the power mentions thatit is Naz Rael who causes the injuries. He would trigger the power “Rolbak” byrolling a lock roll against a Count Frigost.

Example:Injuries placed by Dark Vlad’s “Iopinism” are just suffered and are notinflicted Injuries.

Example:“Counter” is not triggered by an opposing “Counter”; because “Counter” does notinflict Injuries but places them.

0 0
Score : 92
.... the Counter-Attack power, that can damage Vampyro; this will activate his power, debuffing him.

madness vragar !
0 0
Score : 167
Hmmmvot|2016-07-12 11:36:33
Vragar, I don't think the counter-attack power would trigger any Tofu-related effects on Vampyro:

3.7.13.a. This Power means: “Each time an opposing Game Piece inflicts one or more Injuries to the Game Piece owning this power, place an Injury on the opposing Game Piece who inflicted one or more Injuries. If this power is triggered during a spell resolution, it becomes an Effect on standby and will be resolved in step 8 of the spell resolution”. 3.8.5.b.Some Injuries are further considered as inflicted. Spell Damage and Effectsthat name a Game Piece as the source of the Injuries are inflicted Injuries.

Example:Naz Rael inflicts Injuries with “Claw Attack” because the power mentions thatit is Naz Rael who causes the injuries. He would trigger the power “Rolbak” byrolling a lock roll against a Count Frigost.

Example:Injuries placed by Dark Vlad’s “Iopinism” are just suffered and are notinflicted Injuries.

Example:“Counter” is not triggered by an opposing “Counter”; because “Counter” does notinflict Injuries but places them.

You are right .... for now.
Thing will change though with Krosmaster 2.0 and the way the source of wounds are handled. In the 2.0 booklet, there's a line that states that if a power or effect adds a wound and the source of that wound isn't clearly defined, then by default the game piece that carries that power/effect becomes the source. This has many subtle consequences, such as :

- Dark Vlad's Iopinism won't wound Srammy (currently, it doesn't online but that's a bug)
- Two targets with spell reflection will bounce wounds off each other until one dies.
- If Nox has spell reflection (prespic set, Igard Ladoor), reflected wounds will apply -1 AP

Of course, we will have to wait for the full V2.0 comprehensive rules because other things may change, but this is currently what we know.

So yeah, under V2.0 rules, Vampyro's power will trigger off ice tofus' counter attack. There's also another possibility on Frigost, with the DR that increases both Inflicted and suffereds elemental damages, though if you activate it on Vampyro while facing Tofus, you're asking for trouble.
0 0
Score : 1514

My fault.
I have messed up, forgotting that Counterattack places injuries instead of inflicting them.

I'm correcting my previous post, to avoid doubts; thanks for your clarification.

0 0
Respond to this thread