FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Spoiler Cemetery Park: the Nun

By [Dewit] - ANKAMA - June 29, 2016, 12:00:00
Announcements

Spoilers from the newest Krosmaster season keep coming through! Before we leave the Messaround Monastery, we should pay our respects to its mistress…

Before we begin, a word of warning. We have up until now presented you this season under the name “Beyond the Grave”; however, due to concerns around the name and the possible confusion with other products, we have decided to change it. Say hello to Cemetery Park! The content of the season will be the same, only the name changes. We’re good? Perfect! Now, on with the featured presentation.

Last time on this column, we’ve met Friar Tubs. It’s now time for you to encounter another resident of the Monastery, and not the least of them… Mother superior of the order, leading the monks with a ghastly grip, coming back from the dead, here comes the Nun!

What a peculiar character! One could think she is slow moving with her 2 MP, yet she can leap forward great distances or catapult a friend with her “Fatebook” spell. Despite having a restrictive range at first glance, her attack spell actually cover a comfortable area of the map. But to really understand how she works on the field, you must know what a Tombstone is:

Tombstones are a new kind of mechanism. Like traps, they don’t block the path on the cell where they rest, so Krosmasters can “walk” on them. They have HP, but they can only lose them in a specific manner: if a Krosmaster move, or is moved, to the cell they’re occupying.

Tombstones are here to scare allied and opposing Krosmasters alike, decreasing their AP but increasing their MP (fear will give you wings!). This spell is cast automatically at the end of every Nun’s turn, which means a character moved by “Fatebook” may be affected by it. It’s your job to use this at your advantage!

With a bit of preparation, the Nun will cover the field with her Tombstones, disrupting the strategies of both teams… Or she might decide to cash them in and become an unstoppable terror for one turn.  

Let’s vote!

Our previous vote had crowned the Mopy King; now, tell us which Krosmaster you’re interested in seeing next!

Go on this page and vote for one of the following three characters: the Elite Chafer, the Skidmonk or another monk, the Grim Preacher! The winner will be revealed on our social media pages, so keep your eyes peeled!

Reactions 12
Score : 1636

What does the profanation on the tombstone stand for? Is that the characteristic that your mechanism only loses HP when stepped on?

0 0

Absolutely. "Profanation" is the name of the mechanic we explain in the rest of the article.

Score : 676

So you're really going against the tentpole/swarm meta!

This is a good thing.

I absolutely love the character design, even if she only has 2 MP.

A question on wording!

Does "move... to it" refer to the cell or to the tombstone?
I.e. does the movement part still work if all 4 tombstones are already in play?

0 0

The "it" is referring to the targeted empty cell. So, even if you have 4 Tombstones in play, you can still use Fatebook to move the Nun or an ally to thet targeted cell.

Score : 676

Thank you for the clarification!

Any comment on the intended metagame shift? wink 

0 0

We don't make the metagame, the players do! wink

[Nuuh] has tried to create interesting and original new characters for every release he has worked on. We try to learn from past characters to offer new alternatives and new possible ways to build a team. But what the metagame will be depends only from what the players will do with those new pieces.

Score : 4408

I don't believe that statement is accurate Dewit. I think what you meant was:

"We don't intentionally make the meta." or maybe even "We don't consciously make the meta."

Because the players definitely don't "make the meta", What the players do is figure out what the best way is to exploit game balance weaknesses to get the biggest advantage given the Krosmasters and rules they have to work with. Trying to do what gives you the best opportunity to win. is not "Creating the Meta". It was the game creators who created the combination of figures that players are using. And the most effective of these combinations of figures is where "The meta" comes from. So it is indeed the game designers, consciously or not, who create "the meta".

Currently the best way to win is "one or two powerful OP Krosmasters + a bunch of OP level 1's and maybe the occasional OP level 2's". It is not that players who made the level 1's so OP, they are just the ones who are taking advantage of it because it gives them the best chance to win. It is very much the designers, who intentionally or not created this meta, and by refusing to fix it, are allowing it to continue to be dominant.

0 0

No, not really... It's really the players who define a metagame.

Metagame is something very local and specific. What you will find in tournaments in, say, Germany and Italy, will be totally different. A metagame is evolving depending on what team are present, what counter exist for them, what players like to play (it's more important than one would think). If a player rise with a new combination of characters and win tournaments, soon he will attract imitators; and since the team get more and more plays, counters start to rise. And then counters to counters. And then a surprise team shows up and wreck everything again... There's as many metagames as there are places to play.

This is what player interaction creates, not us. We know that some characters have synergies, obviously (like Dark Vlad and Buck Anear), but sometimes we get surprises. Like seeing a QT won by a Percimol team. Or the emergence of the Ninbox (Yugo, Cleophée, Luk Ylook and level 1s) who didn't fit the mold when it came out. The meta going back and forth around level 6 characters, sometimes forgetting them entirely, sometimes with enough presence to make Percywar a legitimate pick... in the span of a couple months.

We're providing you with characters. We have a hint of what characters could do, some combinations that could work, but the remainder is up to you.

Score : 4408

Every single tournament list I've seen from the US, Germany, France, Italy, and Worlds has been won and dominated by teams made up of 50% or more level 1's (And pretty much the same level 1's), and yes a variety of Tenentpoles accompanying them. But half the team being level 1's has been very consistent.

0 0
Score : 39

期待更多的新角色 同时,希望有更多针对中国玩家的服务

0 0
Score : 904
Littletree|2016-07-05 04:58:34
期待更多的新角色 同时,希望有更多针对中国玩家的服务
I also hope that you get the support you need!
0 0
Score : 587

the whole time i was reading the card i had this cackling witch laugh in my head.

0 0
Respond to this thread