FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Grou + Darkness Knight, why does it work?

By GinjaaNinjaa June 20, 2016, 04:46:18

As an experiment I thought I'd see what pairing Grou with Darkness does. At first I was happy to see it work as I had hoped. But the more read Grou's power the more I wondered if it should actually work the way it does online.

So here's the team. Darkness Kinight, Adamai - Dragon, Igar Dlador, Grou

So the trick I was testing was to see if Adamai's "Draon Trick" would gives Darkness Knight +AP and it does because DK now has "Brotherhood of Tofu type. But I'm still not sure why.

So Darkness Knight gains Grou's "Dragonmorph" power which is fine, but Grou's power reads:
Dragonmorph: Grougaloragran is considered to have all types of other Krosmasters in play in addition to his own.

So my question is since Grou's power specifically says Grougaloragran gets the types why does his power work with Darkness Knight? Darkness Knight is not Grougaloragran so why does does it work for DK?

Since Grou's power says he gains the types I would assume that these types are added to that part of the card and not added as "powers"

My thinking is that the game is just adding the types to the "power" section and it ends up working by accident?

If anyone could chime in on if this is a bug or working correctly I'd be interested to know what I'm missing.

Incidentally it was a pretty fun team to play!

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 676

I give you, Comprehensive Rules:

2.1.1. The name of a card is printed on its upper left corner, in capital letters.
2.1.1.a. Powers or Additional Effects of Spells that refer to the name of the card it is printed on only refer to that card, and not to other cards with the same name.
2.1.1.b. If a power is copied, each reference to the name of the game piece owning the original power is replaced by the name of the Game Piece using the copy.
Exemple : When Darkness Knight copies an allied Grougaloragran’s power, Darkness Knight gains all types from all Krosmasters in play.

0 0
Score : 387

Try Hazwonarm + Steamy Wonder instead of Adamai
you get both Counterattack, +1MP, 1AP and a healing turret. That's the bane of every ranged team, i've been using it to troll Bakara + Bill Tell teams and man, it was satisfiying

Also, Beelzebug can Give +3AP to Darkness Knight if you're using Grougal... just so you know :3

0 0
Score : 6296
Hmmmvot|2016-06-20 10:51:46
I give you, Comprehensive Rules:

2.1.1. The name of a card is printed on its upper left corner, in capital letters.
2.1.1.a. Powers or Additional Effects of Spells that refer to the name of the card it is printed on only refer to that card, and not to other cards with the same name.
2.1.1.b. If a power is copied, each reference to the name of the game piece owning the original power is replaced by the name of the Game Piece using the copy.
Exemple : When Darkness Knight copies an allied Grougaloragran’s power, Darkness Knight gains all types from all Krosmasters in play.
Oh sweet. Thanks dude! I had no idea that rule existed. Would you believe a game with Darkness Knight, Amalia, Hazonearm, and Grou won a fight?
0 0
Score : 1510

Guys, just for archive, Dewit already answered to this question here: Click here in January 27th. biggrin

And about a team with both Darkness Knight and Grugaloragran, I suggested on the IT Forum this one: Click here in February 15th.
I've played it in a 4Fun event and it works pretty well... Amalia is useless compared to Adamai, that is very flexible and gives immediate bonuses to all other BotT members. wink

Have a nice game! Matt.

P.S. EDIT: Sorry, I have not noticed that Ginjaa was referring to the online version. My fault. Have a nice game! smile 

0 0
Respond to this thread