FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums

Cemetery Park: the official spoilers

By [Dewit] - ANKAMA - June 08, 2016, 12:05:38
News
Hello everyone!

The spoiler season has officially begun. We will share the new profiles on different dates and channels, so I've created a single topic where everyone can follow the reveals even if they weren't there when the event happened.

Discussions on these new Krosmasters are more than welcome, of course. wink

Previously, on Beyond the Grave...

During his Letter to the Community #3, Tot has shown the profile for Sphincter Cell, and his trusty summons, the Atooins:

And today, on our Facebook page, we have revealed the Chafer Archer:

Keep your eyes peeled, this season's spoilers are coming in a semi-regular way. Have fun! wink 
Reactions 51
The Chafer Archer looks very good to me. You could use a Hazwonarm to boost 2 Chafer archers and they will have 8 range.
So sphincter summon a random atooin? What about in the physical game can you choose?
I think that Sphincter Cell can summon an Atooin of your choice, even if it is not specified in the card.
This is very flexible, because you can choose the Atooin-effect you need in that moment; the Atooin dies anyway at the beginning of the next Sphincter Cell turn, because of his power.

About the Chafer Archer, I see that the name is Black; probably we are in front of the next "tribal" team of Season 4, that can combine with the other Chafers from Season 3 (well, the only interesting one is Hazwonarm).
The Chafer Archer is seen as "the new Bill Tell", but this is not completely true.

We are indeed in front of a ranged piece, that can increase his range similarly to Bill Tell, but it's pretty much different... Until we use Hazwonarm as teammate In this case Chafer Archer becomes a little Bill Tell, with 2 arrows per turn to a maximum range of 8 tiles.
We used 4 levels against the 3 used by Bill Tell to get the same attack possibility (but the Chafer covers Water damage, while Bill attacks for Air... Damn Merkator, and his Resistances!).
The Chafer Archer can be good if other "tribe" members will create a great sinergy between themselves.
More of that, a full ranged team using Henual and Bakara seems even more probable than ever... Maybe we should refresh our line of sight knowledges, to get safe (or abuse of) from this rain of projectiles.

The Chafer Archer power is nice, and I hope that other Chafers from this "tribe" will decline the power to other characteristics, like MP, AP or HP (maybe even Initiative?).
It's important to notice that ALL Chafer Archer's spell will improve their range with Long Shot... So even a spell coming from a DR, with augmentable range, will take benefit from the range improvement.

The Chafer Archer's power is nice, and addresses player to a more careful timeline building to use the power correctly.
If Chafer Archer is the last in our timeline, the bonus will go to our first Krosmaster in the timeline (since she will be the "next allied Kromsaster playing after him"); or we can put in a low initiative piece to get an immediate bonus to abuse of.
Anyone can tell me a good piece, with low initiative, that can abuse of the range bonus? I'll give you a suggestion... It's an Eliatrope, is not banned and do Earth damage... biggrin 
Vragar|2016-06-10 09:04:50
If Chafer Archer is the last in our timeline, the bonus will go to our first Krosmaster in the timeline (since she will be the "next allied Kromsaster playing after him");
I asked about that on the french forums and Huun said this is limited to the timeline of your team, so no transfer to the next turn, he'll only affect Krosmasters with initiative 3 or less
wowxxxxx|2016-06-10 06:46:23So sphincter summon a random atooin? What about in the physical game can you choose?

He doesn't, you can freely select which Atooin to summon every time you use the spell.
firfidut|2016-06-10 09:39:18
Vragar|2016-06-10 09:04:50
If Chafer Archer is the last in our timeline, the bonus will go to our first Krosmaster in the timeline (since she will be the "next allied Kromsaster playing after him");
I asked about that on the french forums and Huun said this is limited to the timeline of your team, so no transfer to the next turn, he'll only affect Krosmasters with initiative 3 or less

Does it really work in this way? Please Nuuh, think back about it!
That's TOO bad... It decreases the tactical options a lot.

Could you link the french discussion firfidut? Thanks.

EDIT: already found it => Click here

It's really a sad thing... Many possibilities are cutted down by this clarification.
A little bit of "pressure" in the team/timeline building could be a good thing, avoiding players to use always the same low level characters to abuse of that.
Kivin is very happy of this, but many other characters with Initiative 4 or higher are very depressed. sad

2ND EDIT: ... a question coming from some italian pro-players (I've not noticed that before...). Does Distant Heritage pass on to other Krosmasters? The power says "As long as the Chafer Archer is KO" so it could be a sort of continuous effect as long as the Chafer is KOed.

I will made an example to clarify:
- I've got in my timeline Chafer Archer, Quentin Flush and Kivin.
- The Chafer Archer dies, and Quentin Flush gains the +1PO Max.
- If Quentin Flush dies, the +1PO Max bonus will pass to Kivin (since the Chafer Archer is still KO) or is wasted?
- If the bonus pass on, after Quentin Flush's death, Kivin will get the +1PO Max bonus that will fade if Kivin dies (unless there are no other allied non-Boss Krosmaster in the timeline, like another Kivin). Nuuh already confirmed that the power does not pass over the timeline... and this seems to confirm that Distant Heritage could be a continuous effect.

Is this supposition right, or the power stops to the first Krosmaster in the timeline after Chafer Archer? Could Dewit or Nuuh confirm or negate this ipothesis please?

Thanks for answering. biggrin
Dewit|2016-06-10 10:29:01
wowxxxxx|2016-06-10 06:46:23So sphincter summon a random atooin? What about in the physical game can you choose?

He doesn't, you can freely select which Atooin to summon every time you use the spell.
Wonder how the interface will look like. Would each atooin be in the spells bar or when you click on the spell will there be a popup of the atooins? Just curious.
Vragar|2016-06-10 11:01:50_____________

2ND EDIT: ... a question coming from some italian pro-players (I've not noticed that before...). Does Distant Heritage pass on to other Krosmasters? The power says "As long as the Chafer Archer is KO" so it could be a sort of continuous effect as long as the Chafer is KOed.
I think that's the point of the wording "as long as XXXXX is KO", to make a continuous, transferable effect.
Many people's first reaction to the wording was thinking resurrection would be a new game mechanic (especially fitting for chafers), but really, I think it's just as simple as getting a continuous effect from a KO'd character, and taking a wild guess, other basic chafers may probably also give other bonuses in a similar way.
firfidut|2016-06-11 02:55:52
Vragar|2016-06-10 11:01:50_____________

I think that's the point of the wording "as long as XXXXX is KO", to make a continuous, transferable effect.
Many people's first reaction to the wording was thinking resurrection would be a new game mechanic (especially fitting for chafers), but really, I think it's just as simple as getting a continuous effect from a KO'd character, and taking a wild guess, other basic chafers may probably also give other bonuses in a similar way.
It's also possible that the wording is simply future proofing. Whether or not there is a resurrection mechanic in season 4, this wording allows the possibility of a resurrection mechanic in a future set without having to worry about it breaking this Krosmasters or others like it.
Vragar|2016-06-10 11:01:50

I will made an example to clarify:
- I've got in my timeline Chafer Archer, Quentin Flush and Kivin.
- The Chafer Archer dies, and Quentin Flush gains the +1PO Max.
- If Quentin Flush dies, the +1PO Max bonus will pass to Kivin (since the Chafer Archer is still KO) or is wasted?
- If the bonus pass on, after Quentin Flush's death, Kivin will get the +1PO Max bonus that will fade if Kivin dies (unless there are no other allied non-Boss Krosmaster in the timeline, like another Kivin). Nuuh already confirmed that the power does not pass over the timeline... and this seems to confirm that Distant Heritage could be a continuous effect.

Is this supposition right, or the power stops to the first Krosmaster in the timeline after Chafer Archer? Could Dewit or Nuuh confirm or negate this ipothesis please?

The power transfers from character to character, as the effect is continuous. In your example, it will pass from Quentin to Kivin.

I'll go even further in the example. Imagine the end of your timeline is like this: Chafer archer, Quentin, Royal Gobball, Kivin.

1) When the Chafer dies, the first character after him is Quentin, which gets the +1 range.

2) Now Quentin dies. The next character on the timeline is the Royal Gobball, but since he's a Boss, he can't receive the bonus. So we "skip" him and look for the next eligible character, which is Kivin. Kivin gets the bonus.

3) And then Kivin dies (somehow you haven't lost the game yet). Since there are no more characters that are both after the Chafer on the timeline and not a Boss, the power can't be applied to anyone. It doesn't "loop" back to the beginning of the timeline.

I hope this is clear enough. smile 
Crystal clear Dewit. Thanks. biggrin 
Slight update, if you're not up to date with our latest spoilers.

First, we had a featured article with Friar Tubs and the monks:

And fresh off the press, decided by popular vote, here's the Mopy King:

It's a level 4 Anna!
OneBigHullabaloo|2016-06-22 18:02:22It's a level 4 Anna!
Had the exact same feeling when I saw it. No special powers or powerful attacks or even a species we can use, like undead or something... :-(

lots of HP and MP though...
So last week was the Nun's turn to shine:

And we just put the winner of our community vote on Facebook, here is the Elite Chafer:

He definitely looks like a good figurine. Tombstones plus Otomai will surely be triedsmile.

Because I'm a online player and don't really know the rules let me have two little questions: The Nun and the Elite Chafer together let me summon 8 Tombstones altogether?
And do I need a target for Death Hand?
That's not the way the rules work. They work like this: The individual limits are the same but the combined limit matches the most either Krosmaster can summon.

Example:
Queen of the Tofus (3) Tofus
Royal Tofu (4) Tofus

If you had these two on your team you could summon a total of 4, but Queen could only summon 3 of them.
Wrong. The limit is team-based for mobs, but summoner-based for mechanisms.

Source: Comprehensive Rules.
Yeah, I was thinkin MOBs, what he said.
Respond to this thread