FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

I think Kros lost something with those new seasons.

By Keetreh March 24, 2016, 21:13:04

Wussup, i am complaining again. Some time ago I tried that new version of kros - 3d, new figurines etc. I crafted Harry Sah and was pretty happy about - I can get every figurine without playing Wakfu (coz of extremely poor drop and price on boxes in dofus), so great, new shiny 3d, which for some reason isn`t so comfortable to play, and main thing - figurines.

Played a while and I didn`t really enjoy. Every match is pretty much the same - get rewards, OTK weak figurine or get money get win by GG. Figurines looks different, have different abilities, but I don`t feel any difference. You know, you can easily loose a game coz you lost 3 level figurine. Everybody just choose doubles and buying rewards for damage and AP. It would be fine if additional burst wouldn`t be so important. First kill decides a lot, but still there is some tactics involved in this, but mostly it`s pure luck - rewards wins games.

Why so? Coz figurines rarely have less than 10 HP. Sometimes even if your whole team attacks without rewards you can`t kill figurine, which was placed so bad, or trapped. Hit, kill and run, hit, kill and run - this is how it looks like.

There is no board control - teams on their sides getting money and wait, or getting money and moving forward. Placement isn`t this meaningless still - if you leave 1 or 2 weak figurines too far from main forces you can loose it, or they will be useless, which is really bad for smaller teams, you know - more punishment for not playing an army of figs.

I don`t know, I can`t enjoy kros anymore - not really comfortable 3d, all matches pretty same, only damage matters. Nothing limits your movement, range of spells is pretty high. Maybe it`s just me, but when i played it year ago or two, or when it was, I really enjoyed that tactical choices, moves, teambuilding. I can`t feel it after those seasons. Ye, while first season 6lvl core figurines dominated, but right plays could bring victory and ya know - i had positive winrate and didn`t play with those types of teams. It was a real challenge! I thought starter team is really good coz it was so well balanced. But now it`s just trash - Oscar is WORST 3lvl figurine, Healy is useless, Boom is nice, but compared to other 3 lvl figs - weak. Powercreep is so real.
So, what kros lost? Figurine roles. Everything hit and run, hit and run, get kamas buy GG. No roles means no interesting plays and teams. Maybe I am not right, maybe I should play more, but I can`t, just can`t. So, how you still interested in Kros? Advices?
Sorre fo bad inglesh. 

0 -1
Reactions 5
Score : 745
Keetreh|2016-03-24 21:13:04
Wussup, i am complaining again. Some time ago I tried that new version of kros - 3d, new figurines etc. I crafted Harry Sah and was pretty happy about - I can get every figurine without playing Wakfu (coz of extremely poor drop and price on boxes in dofus), so great, new shiny 3d, which for some reason isn`t so comfortable to play, and main thing - figurines.

Played a while and I didn`t really enjoy. Every match is pretty much the same - get rewards, OTK weak figurine or get money get win by GG. Figurines looks different, have different abilities, but I don`t feel any difference. You know, you can easily loose a game coz you lost 3 level figurine. Everybody just choose doubles and buying rewards for damage and AP. It would be fine if additional burst wouldn`t be so important. First kill decides a lot, but still there is some tactics involved in this, but mostly it`s pure luck - rewards wins games.

Why so? Coz figurines rarely have less than 10 HP. Sometimes even if your whole team attacks without rewards you can`t kill figurine, which was placed so bad, or trapped. Hit, kill and run, hit, kill and run - this is how it looks like.

There is no board control - teams on their sides getting money and wait, or getting money and moving forward. Placement isn`t this meaningless still - if you leave 1 or 2 weak figurines too far from main forces you can loose it, or they will be useless, which is really bad for smaller teams, you know - more punishment for not playing an army of figs.

I don`t know, I can`t enjoy kros anymore - not really comfortable 3d, all matches pretty same, only damage matters. Nothing limits your movement, range of spells is pretty high. Maybe it`s just me, but when i played it year ago or two, or when it was, I really enjoyed that tactical choices, moves, teambuilding. I can`t feel it after those seasons. Ye, while first season 6lvl core figurines dominated, but right plays could bring victory and ya know - i had positive winrate and didn`t play with those types of teams. It was a real challenge! I thought starter team is really good coz it was so well balanced. But now it`s just trash - Oscar is WORST 3lvl figurine, Healy is useless, Boom is nice, but compared to other 3 lvl figs - weak. Powercreep is so real.
So, what kros lost? Figurine roles. Everything hit and run, hit and run, get kamas buy GG. No roles means no interesting plays and teams. Maybe I am not right, maybe I should play more, but I can`t, just can`t. So, how you still interested in Kros? Advices?
Sorre fo bad inglesh.

You and I are evidently playing some very different games.

Not only do I disagree with your comments about board control and positioning, I would go so far as to say that the majority of my games are decided based upon these factors. It is absolutely true that sometimes the game is determined by good DRs, but that isn't true for all games. Moreover, it will be true for much, much fewer once the 2.0 DRs go live. As for GGs, that's also something that will be improved with the 2.0 rules. In the mean time, a lot of the people who mindlessly buy down GGs don't have a proper understanding of when they should or should not do so. It hurts them as often as it helps.

But here's the thing: If you want to play to be more control oriented, then you should play a team that's more control Oriented. My go to team consists of Kitty Rage, Anna Gupp, Bill Tell and Phaeris. There are probably better teams and there are certainly better players, but I have a 60% win rate so I feel confident in saying that this team is good enough to be competitive on the ladder. It is also a team that is all about positioning. Careful positioning of Kitty and Anna are what allow me to kill Krosmasters, without them being killed first. Kitty can burst them down and Anna gives me a lot of mobility, but I can't do those things for free. Kitty is as good as dead without the mobility that Anna provides and Anna can't provide it unless I'm careful about where my figures are. Bill provides reliable damage at range but is extremely squishy, meaning it's important to be aware of his position relative to enemy Krosmasters at all times. As for Phaeris, he's a glorified Kama collector if he can't get beside an enemy figure. His positioning is important as well.

For that matter, they have recently introduces the Colosseum mode. Everyone's team is only as good as what they drafted and the best teams I've seen have tended to be the ones that can create area control. Even in matches where that's not the case, the simple fact is that people are forced to use different tactics when their constructed teams are taken away from them.

If you don't want to play this game any more, that is your prerogative. But if your reasoning is something as flimsy as this, it seems likely that you have not been trying to play the game in a way that you enjoy in the first place.
1 -1
Score : 676

Go play Mecharebourg (Count Harebourg, Chrissy Entrinch, Moe Lawr, Moe Lawr/Fern Sock'em, Steamy Wonder).

The ultimate control team!

0 0
Score : 338
OneBigHullabaloo,
I can say - it`s not a big deal. As I said, it`s all about hit and run. How you move, where you move is really important, but it`s not hard, especially when you played really a lot of matches. Board control? Maybe i was too rough, but just coz it`s so easy to brake it - push, teleport, good roll. In Dofus btw you could just block enemy if it`s in between of 2 chars, even from 1 you moslty can just run away without loosing MP, but in Kros you easily can ran away from 3 (sic!) figurines without chosen dice, coz block for some reason rare and dodge is have more value. And you roll dices for EVERY figurine, which makes it so easy. You can`t really set an unavoidable trap, you need to kill figurine before it escapes. But there is a lot of DR which give you health, with bonus trapped figurine can actually trade and with on their turn coz of GG difference. So board control can be easily denied with DAMAGE and DODGE. Everybody moves any way they want. All your positioning can be easily broken, and your planning can be easily denied coz of bonuses or better push. Different tactics? Yeah, it looks so, but it plays pretty same still. And it`s not really hard.
You team is about hit and run? Very original. But that`s not the point. My main problem with the game, as i said, there is no real ROLES. All game is just about this goddamn Movement And Placement which is would be OK, if it`s really worked! Easy to avoid mid-low range damage, easy to ignore high range damage if you moving forward at the speed of 5-6 cells per turn! In Krosmaster support means PUSH and GET GODDAMN MONEY COZ I AM FAR AWAY. Most teams don`t have healer in team coz, you know, it`s NOT RELEVANT. We have two 1 level figurines for heal and Steamy Wonder is OP. We have Lil Healy for 3 but it`s unplayable coz you could just take 3 figurines instead and collect cash and Wonder can heal more, jeez. Figurines mostly don`t really need help, coz they don`t have weaknesses. Most of them - equal, they just have different skins. There is a HUGE problem. Your figurines don`t have to pay for it`s powers. High damage doesn`t mean low hp, high health doesn`t mean low attack. Some 1 level figurines can defeat 2 lvl figurines and 3 lvl figurines - so great, so balanced. They decided just make stronger figurines, lol. Just go forward, eh, just avoid damage, eh.
Kros could be better. But it`s not moving forward, still old same story about abusing broken figurines which nobody gonna fix. Every match is same if you played enough. There is no weak figurines, just normal and OP. No real need in long range coz of push, no real need in heal, no real difference. This moving things is ok, but not enough. I want not only build teams which is not centered on BOSS figurine and pushing it for win, but I want face such teams. But i said before, there is one goal, one way. Just bunch of pretty same figs just screwing around. Higher damage, higher value - more wins. Do you understand me? I wish you read and think a little bit more about before trying to prove me what I am an idiot. Don`t be so rude with me, I almost cried! Maybe I am not clear about my point, but I tried.
Hmmvot,
Thanks, but I playng healosummonoteam - Harry Sah, Chrissy, Royal Gobbal and Steamy Wonder. I created it with King of Gobbals to counter huge teams, but replaced King with Royal, thnx to forum guy. King was my close combat fig, but summoning 2 gobbals for 3 lvl fig is INSANE. So much summons, so much control. Count is pretty cool btw, glad I have it too, but I like Harry way more) Harry is core, but not op dps, but support!
0 -1
Score : 745

Got it. You're not actually interested in discussion or hearing other POVs. Fortunately there's an ingnore function for that.

0 -1
Score : 1602
OneBigHullabaloo|2016-03-24 22:24:25
Keetreh|2016-03-24 21:13:04

Sorre fo bad inglesh.

You and I are evidently playing some very different games.

Not only do I disagree with your comments about board control and positioning, I would go so far as to say that the majority of my games are decided based upon these factors. It is absolutely true that sometimes the game is determined by good DRs, but that isn't true for all games. Moreover, it will be true for much, much fewer once the 2.0 DRs go live. As for GGs, that's also something that will be improved with the 2.0 rules. In the mean time, a lot of the people who mindlessly buy down GGs don't have a proper understanding of when they should or should not do so. It hurts them as often as it helps.

But here's the thing: If you want to play to be more control oriented, then you should play a team that's more control Oriented. My go to team consists of Kitty Rage, Anna Gupp, Bill Tell and Phaeris. There are probably better teams and there are certainly better players, but I have a 60% win rate so I feel confident in saying that this team is good enough to be competitive on the ladder. It is also a team that is all about positioning. Careful positioning of Kitty and Anna are what allow me to kill Krosmasters, without them being killed first. Kitty can burst them down and Anna gives me a lot of mobility, but I can't do those things for free. Kitty is as good as dead without the mobility that Anna provides and Anna can't provide it unless I'm careful about where my figures are. Bill provides reliable damage at range but is extremely squishy, meaning it's important to be aware of his position relative to enemy Krosmasters at all times. As for Phaeris, he's a glorified Kama collector if he can't get beside an enemy figure. His positioning is important as well.

For that matter, they have recently introduces the Colosseum mode. Everyone's team is only as good as what they drafted and the best teams I've seen have tended to be the ones that can create area control. Even in matches where that's not the case, the simple fact is that people are forced to use different tactics when their constructed teams are taken away from them.

If you don't want to play this game any more, that is your prerogative. But if your reasoning is something as flimsy as this, it seems likely that you have not been trying to play the game in a way that you enjoy in the first place.

Pal, I haven't played since a long time because that, so I can feel you.

It can be true what many people says, maybe it's not the game we like to play and that's all. Cause that's the same problem I've seen since I left. That's sad because the visuals of the game (Online and board, both of them) are very lovely and it promised something different. It is EXACTLY what you said, there's not much to think or planning, it's just damage and the right two repetitive pieces.

Here's something I want to share:

Me and my brother made an experiment once to see if the simplistic performing of the game was just a misconception. We meet new players which were dazzled with the enormous amount of damage, abilities AP and MP of lv6 characters. We let it happen. We wanted to see if they had right in their thought, a thought as simple as:They have more things than the lower levels. this will be an easy fight' And without thinking so hard, it was exactly like that.

We picked a decent team to see what happen. They didn't knew too much and they controlled the game easier than we thought. Interesting part was that they told us to not pick those overpowered Krosmasters in the Krosmaster afternoon again, cause that was boring and they wanted to have more fun.

The better games were with lv 3 and lower, principally because the GG interchange made the agme more challenging. That let them to learn very much about the original game intention.

I think it is an Ankama problem, they make everything just like that, damage based. That's the same thing that is killing the MMO for me. There are 0 rol in characters.

Sadly, it looks like they don't have a real designer for Krosmaster, no offense, but, dang, it looks like they don't know. Cards appear to just have stuff in a supposing fair way for it's level... but it's more like a guess than anything else. I know the perfect balance in a game is impossible but here the balance is nearly inexistent. And, like in the MMO, the rols... well... theyr'e just random. Aniripsas aren't the best healers, any other class can reach as long as an Ocra, Iops aren't focused more on melee and so on.

As some people is saying here, yes, they're playing a different kind of game because, well, they enjoy simpler mechanics, and that's not bad. The solution people would give you always is a recommendation of an 'anti-always present team or character' which will ends in two ways: Another always present team or/and a thing that you're obliged to do. Game is always telling you what to do too much or you gonna be the loser. Black and white, there's no gray spot.
0 0
Respond to this thread